GBA Everdrive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GBA Everdrive

Quite looking forward to this as the EZF is good but based on his previous works I think this will be something special. Here's hoping he adds real time save and native emulators to it, anyone else hyped for this?

looks a tad bulky

Comment

And here was me thinking the Gameboy and Gameboy Color Carts were a pain in the bum sticking out of the GBA slot.

Comment

You lot lack vision. I remember back in the days when people toted their Game Boy with an amplifier, joystick overlay, light magnifier and backpack full of games - a little ribbon and FPGA is nothing.

Comment

Insta-buy.

Comment

and there is progress. Woooohooo

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
              You lot lack vision. I remember back in the days when people toted their Game Boy with an amplifier, joystick overlay, light magnifier and backpack full of games - a little ribbon and FPGA is nothing.
              I don't. Nobody bought that ****. I knew one kid with a Lightboy and that was about it.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                I don't. Nobody bought that ****. I knew one kid with a Lightboy and that was about it.
                Sarcasm chum, in reference to the bulky prototype in the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by muddy View Post
                  Insta-buy.
                  This.

Would permanently stick a GBA Everdrive in my Panasonic Q Gameboy Player.

Comment

What would be the advantage of this over the flashcarts that have been around since the GBA's heyday? Apart from more storage that is.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                      What would be the advantage of this over the flashcarts that have been around since the GBA's heyday? Apart from more storage that is.
                      More storage is the main factor, an easily replaceable battery for backups/save memory plus the general overall reliability of krikzzs work as he knocks out top quality swag. Hopefully he may add in stuff like real time clock, real time save and other stuff but generally it would be nice to have a cart that didn't require you to faff on with client software that was designed for Windows 95, patching certain titles and stuff like that.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                        More storage is the main factor, an easily replaceable battery for backups/save memory plus the general overall reliability of krikzzs work as he knocks out top quality swag. Hopefully he may add in stuff like real time clock, real time save and other stuff but generally it would be nice to have a cart that didn't require you to faff on with client software that was designed for Windows 95, patching certain titles and stuff like that.
                        And a solar cell for Boktai.

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
                          And a solar cell for Boktai.
                          To quote Groundskeeper Willie:

"That's the stuff"

Comment

Fair enough - all good enough reasons for me. I do know of the chap's work and everyone seems to rate it very highly.

The flashing software for the original flashcarts was absolutely awful, too. I remember Little Writer. So naff

Comment

Goddamn it. I just bought an EZ flash IV. It's ok but a lot of the roms don't seem to work.

As long as this isn't too expensive, I'll probably buy it.

Comment

Working...
                              X