No announcement yet.

Middle Earth : Shadow of Mordor PS4/XBOX ONE/ PC review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only got an xbox one the other day with this, just opened it to see two discs. Can't see anything that says disc two. Does it come on two discs, or have I got a free disc to give to my brother?

Comment

1 disc only

Comment

Finished the game just now, completion was about 60% which just about says it all about my thoughts by the end. While the core mechanic is really fun, especially for the first five or so hours, the game doesn't really have enough interesting content to keep it going. Yes it throws in an interesting mechanic at the half way stage but rarely were any of these mechanics put to good use. The side stuff was so shallow I just skipped over massive chunks of it by the end.

I still think it's worth a play though, even though by the end I was quite a bit less positive than I was at the start.

Comment

I somehow clocked up over 50 hours on this, I'm not sure how.

Anyway, I really enjoyed it all, I wish the branding and the other warchief and captain mechanics had have been introduced earlier as they add a new level of strategy into the game

Comment

I'm really enjoying this game too. So much so that my Sunset Overdrive is still sealed and Forza Horizon 2 has taken a back seat.
            I spent most of my time colecting and leveling up. Just moved on to the second map area and been told to raise an army. Looks like that'S my next task. The ranger has all of his powers now so it's time to move on to the elf ghost guy thing.

Comment

Had this crash on me the other day, I had completed a mission and everyone in the game world seemed to disappear apart from the odd Orc here and there. Padded around for a couple of days thinking I had missed something. I hadn't.

Comment

Am on the mission where you have to kill the four warlords - I get slaughtered whichever one I try, as I get swamped my captains. Am I just rubbish, or missing a trick somewhere?

Comment

You need to work your way through some captain's first to stop that happening.
                  Also make use of their strengths and weaknesses, if you have one that is afraid of chargers, make sure you go in on one.

There are a couple of moves that you unlock which really turned the combat in my favour, first was the one that lets you do 2 executions in a row, the 2nd one is the one that stuns enemies when you jump over them.
                  Jump over them to stun, hit them a few times, then someone will come in for a counter, counter them and then unleash an execution.

Comment

Right, so I'm now at the point where I've done all the main missions I can - I can't unlock anymore until killing the four warlords. So the best thing is to do more exploring, sub missions and captain killing to build up my abilities before heading back to the main story?

I've got the stun move unlocked, but not the other one - thanks for that.

Comment

Yes, just keep padding around. Practise fighting and pick your warlord kills wisely. Some are dead easy. A simple execution.

Comment

Think I will have to finish with this now. Can't finish the outcast mission

the one where you poison the orcs.

complete the mission, watch the cutscene and then nothing happens. Can't fast travel anywhere, no other missions available and hardly any characters walking around.

Comment

That poison mission is still on the first map isn't it? Have you been to the second map? Did you meet the Queen?

Comment

It has resolved itself. Completed it at the fifth time of asking and it allowed me to continue. Off to meet the queen now. Feel for
                            . Poor bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieran76 View Post
                              I Feel for
                              . Poor bastard.
                              Haha, I give him a swift beating every now and then

Comment

Can't stop playing this, I know it's not an amazing game but it is quite satisfying. Currently at 75% and am thinking about going for the 100%. It's great for a quick 20 minute blast, which is fine for me as I am so busy at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X