No announcement yet.

Middle Earth : Shadow of Mordor PS4/XBOX ONE/ PC review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be all over this but comparisons with the Batman games regarding the fighting mechanics have put me off. i just found the fighting in those games rather uninvolving. Does this game do anything different to enhance the system any?

Comment

To be honest no. It is basic at best. I do enjoy mixing up stealth, bow and finishing kills though.

Comment

Same as batman, the enjoyment comes from getting a long combo going and destroying everyone.

Comment

Am really enjoying Shadow of Mordor so far am about 7 or so hours in and have only done I think 3 main missions. It's the only game I've been playing since I go my PS4 over Christmas.

Comment

Just started this after finishing Far Cry 4.Looks like my cup of tea

Comment

I'm loving the game. The sum of its parts didn't really appeal but I'm so glad I gave it a go. Excellent game. For me it's up there with MK8 as the best of 2014.

Comment

Has anyone managed to finish the storyline part of the Lord Of The Hunt DLC? You have to kill five beast masters, and the last one is protected by spitting ghouls. Apparently, it's easy to kill if you have a rune which protects you from poison - typically, I don't have one! I'v had a look at a couple of youtube vids and, sure enough, the people making light work of it don't appear to be harmed by poison....

Comment

I'm not sure but isn't that rune a free download? I've been playing on Xbox One and I could have sworn I saw the runes as free content to download including that one.

Comment

Thanks Nonny - I'll have a look later.

I know I ended up being immune to poison in the main game, which i got the platinum on, but none of your stats/weapons etc carry over to the DLC as you control a different character.

Comment

Ah ok I haven't tried the DLC at all so maybe its different then... worth a try.

Comment

Yep, worth a try. Unfortunately, it looks like you have to find that rune in the DLC itself - or have the skills to beat that boss without it.

Sadly, I don't seem to have the skills.....

Comment

Currently going through this on ps4. So far I'm on my last warchief, found every relic, every wall mural thingy, done every dagger mission, every bow mission and have one more sword mission to unlock to complete that. Then it's off to decimate the last warchief and carry on the story.

Have to say it's not as good as I imagined. In my head I had an idea of a game where I branded all the Orcs on the map, made them follow me into a warchief mission then let them all loose, like an rts lite. In reality the branding seems pretty pointless when it comes down to it, it's simple a story trigger in the end. Doesn't matter how many you brand on a mission either, the enemy always seems to outnumber your forces. Blah.
                          Last edited by fishbowlhead; 17-09-2015, 20:47.

Comment

Working...
                          X