No announcement yet.

The Evil Within (All Formats) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think it's even cheaper in GAME, ?22.49 maybe, or eighteen quid used in CEX. Price has fallen massively in December.

Sure I still have the PS4 DLC code if anyone wants it.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
      Think it's even cheaper in GAME, ?22.49 maybe, or eighteen quid used in CEX. Price has fallen massively in December.

Sure I still have the PS4 DLC code if anyone wants it.
      Can i take the code and i'll pick up a used copy.

Cheers

Comment

Yes, have to wait until I'm home later today though. It's the Fighting Chance Pack just so we're clear.

Comment

Playing this the last couple hours on Xbone, my expectations weren't high but very curious, well into the Resi 4esque chapter 3 and I am really, really liking this game!

Gotta say the free 'Fighting Chance' pack DLC that comes with it is weeeeeak, basically an un-upgradeable shottie that gets replaced about ten minutes into the chapter and a few thousand units of brain juice. It's barely DLC, goddammit, but it's plastered all over the packet, haha.

Comment

Gonna leave it at the start of Chapter 5 for now, it's been an enjoyable struggle so far tonight, just wanna upgrade and get badass, 'tis a hard game that gives you stress, this, but it kisses you afterwards. For now.

I am expecting serious frustration and stress but this is kinda like what Resi 6 should've gone for.

Comment

Haha, got the sequel on Sat for a fiver, decided to revisit this to relearn the plot and mechanics, this time playing on Casual as my last save left me with little ammo or health packs and it was too damn stressin'. Playing slower but surer and McLovin' it, this is a game I need to make the effort to get through, there's lots to like and it's got some ace grotty texture work, it feels diiiiirty.

Comment

Think I've nearly done Chapter 9, in an amazingly beautiful room full of massive bald heads right now. It's proper Goodhewtastic, Gail Portertastic, in fact it's one of the most beautifully weird things I've seen in a videogame. It really is quite brilliant.

About time! It's felt like a catacomb crawl last few levels, there hasn't been much freaky stuff goin ooooon, I'm hoping there is more.

Having played it quite a lot this week, I'm still McLovin it but it has limitations, it's a bit wobbly and overly linear but it deffo channels GC Resi, although they pull a stunt at the start of Chapter 9 that Code Veronica did, it's clever but part of me was thinking of barrels being scraped.

Yeah, it HAS been seen before, it reminds me of 5 games at once, yet you still wanna see it through, it's still got some classic survival horror chip spice on.

I will finish this.

Comment

Nuts-deep into Chapter 14. I hear it has 15 so I'm nearly done. Been playing it loads today.

Comment

Clocked this like two hours back and have been replaying the New Game just to upgrade and keep upgrading.

In the end, it's just very linear and not really touched by much 'genius'...yet it's fun and awkward and will always be worth the pittance one has been able to get it for, for ages.

There are maybe three amazing backgrounds in this and they are worth seeing. But the level design often channels the generic.

No classic but fun in a Resi way, don't get it twisted this don't even touch Resi V, I actually think that was more progressive than this.

Comment

Resident Evil 5 was incredible for me. Not sure why it got so much hate back in the day.

Does online co-op still work?

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                        Resident Evil 5 was incredible for me. Not sure why it got so much hate back in the day.
                        Probably because it followed Resi 4. It's the Mario Sunshine effect.

Comment

Resi V was absolutely brill, remember me and my mate caning it online. Such a fun, playable game.

Comment

Working...
                          X