No announcement yet.

[15 years!] The NeoGeo Pocket Color Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also think it's slightly cheeky to do separate SNK / Capcom versions when there's only one game on the collection with Capcom involvement, but hey.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
      https://www.pixnlove.com/nintendo-sw...371881334.html

This is the one - just checked out on it now, €77.04 all in.

[COLOR=#2A282A][FONT=kepler-std][/LIST]
      Despite owning most of these on their original carts I'm well up for picking this up, just seems silly not too. such a nostalgia hit and I'm really interested to see the Art-book even if it just contains the box artwork.

The Neo Geo pocket has a special place for me when i was a poor student my now wife bought me one for my birthday it was such a thoughtful gift as she knew i was traveling backwards and forwards between uni and home quite a bit so it got tons of use on train. Her buying me an obscure handheld console over a Gameboy Colour showed she really got me and what sort of games i was into at the time.

Gamestation where great for picking up games for it too, the days when the window was full of boxed pal clamshell games and they where selling them between £5-£10 was amazing, Faselei for £10 quid and coolboarders for a £5 ok then bar a few early pick ups I don't think i ever paid full price for a game on the system either.

Comment

I also think it's slightly cheeky to do separate SNK / Capcom versions when there's only one game on the collection with Capcom involvement, but hey.
        Admittedly it's anything with NeoGeo slapped on it. I'm surprised they didn't do more.

Comment

Disappointed no Cardfighter Clash on that release though.
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
            Disappointed no Cardfighter Clash on that release though.
            Probably saving it for Vol. 2, no?

Comment

Yeah, I'm actually gonna skip this because I own all the ones I'm interested in on original carts. I'm in for a Vol 2 with Cardfighters though

Comment

I mean...Capcom have prostituted allowed SF characters to be affiliated with Fortnite and Power Rangers in recent times ffs...at least the SNK/Capcom crossover era was legit and credible.
                Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 22-04-2021, 19:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                  Probably saving it for Vol. 2, no?
                  Yeah; I assume Vol2 will be focused heavily on the RPGs etc., so Clash, Evolution, Faselei, Biomotor Unitron, Dive Alert... And I'm willing to bet that it will run, as it's main attraction, a version of Cardfighters Clash 2, because the fan translation is very good, and they could probably crib a lot from it.

That being said, I finally got to play it recently and was a bit disappointed. Shame it didn't come out at the time as I'd have eaten it up.

Comment

Want to order the mid-tier Collector's Edition from Pix'n Love but am uncomfortable with all the customer service horror stories I'm hearing about them, so might just go LRG instead.

Comment

Cardfighters Clash has seemingly just landed out of nowhere on the Switch.

Sounds like you're getting both versions, dual-language, all in the one set too!

Comment

Wow, absolute digital crack time!
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Do we know if it has online duels and trading?

Comment

NGPC Selection Vol. 2 is official.

Think it's safe to assume that the version of Megaman: Battle & Fighters that stealth dropped the other day will be part of it.

Comment

Not that my NGPC knowledge was up to snuff anyway, but I didn't even know that the Mega Man: The Power Fighters games got ported to the platform!

Nice for posterity, but it's already cheaper to purchase the two original arcade games individually via Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium.
                              Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 16-08-2022, 10:19.

Comment

Working...
                              X