[15 years!] The NeoGeo Pocket Color Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    Just been putting some box protectors on my cardboard games, and thought I’d post a quick snap of my own modest collection of games.

The majority were purchased on a trip to Japan in 2008. The most expensive game was Cotton, which was £40.

A nice collection there

Comment

The majority were purchased on a trip to Japan in 2008. The most expensive game was Cotton, which was £40.
      You are lucky we have a swear filter

Comment

Hehe, thanks dudes.

Fuse, if you can break your shock box only rule, Delta Warp is a nice tile flipping puzzle game. I really love the box art for it too. I never see people talking about it.

Comment

Hehe, thanks dudes.

Fuse, if you can break your shock box only rule, Delta Warp is a nice tile flipping puzzle game. I really love the box art for it too. I never see people talking about it.
          I was just about to reply to your photo saying that Delta Warp is a sweet game that's very rarely talked of! It's a Japanese exclusive but is fully in English and a good game to boot.

Nice collection

Comment

Has anyone played Pocket Rumble on the switch and did the rom ever release for the NGPC as was stated in the original kickstarter?

Comment

Got it on Switch and it’s great. No idea about the NGPC rom though, I’m afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                You are lucky we have a swear filter
                I won't mention my copy cost £20 as I bought it new as the NGPC was being discounted... oops. I passed up Pocket Reversi, doh silly move. Still, that only cost me £100 to get off eBay in due time. Most of the other rarities I got for around standard cost in the early 2000s. Only PR and Neo Baccarat cost me any noticeable money.
                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I passed up multiple copies of Ghost Photo Studio in Japan for around the £40 mark. And Crush Roller for £20 or £30. Should've scooped 'em, really. Ah well.

The two games I do really wish that I had are Neo Poke Kun and Card Fighters Clash. And honestly I kind of want a copy of Neo Baccarat just that epic box art.

Comment

This game list being a total parallel to the games I've recently sought out and a fraction of the cost is a pretty hilarious condemnation of retro buyer brain rot. I've got a last load of titles to arrive and then I think I'm done for now...

In other questions; any of our resident modders ever installed one of the LCD backlit screens for one of these?

Comment

Dug out my 2nd hand NGPC the other day to check what I have.

Densha de GO!2, Sonic the Hedgehog, Samurai Spirits (cart only), and Capcom Supporters version of Card Fighters Clash...the latter is in decent nick and was only 500 yen secondhand. I had no idea it was actually worth anything. So it'll be in the Sales Forum for $1million later on today.

Comment

[MENTION=16665]Blobcat[/MENTION]'s put a thought in my head and now I'll be disappointed of this is not the case... She suggested, imagine if the Collection physical releases came in NGPC style clamshell boxes.

THROWS WALLET AT SCREEN

Comment

I could only see someone like LRG doing something like that. It would be a seriously cool touch if it happened!
                          [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] the good news is, these things only seem to go up in price. So you can always move them on again if you’ve got a touch of buyer’s remorse. Really though, the fun is in owning them, right? Because you could’ve always downloaded the ROMs anyhow

Comment

That or the option to have one that holds the multiple card/carts in the box, like those dvd/blurays that come with an empty card sleeve that can hold more, but its a box that can hold the collection of the physical games that collection releases

Comment

I could only see someone like LRG doing something like that. It would be a seriously cool touch if it happened!
                              @fuse the good news is, these things only seem to go up in price. So you can always move them on again if you’ve got a touch of buyer’s remorse. Really though, the fun is in owning them, right? Because you could’ve always downloaded the ROMs anyhow
                              The weird thing now is we are seeing a point where that really is true.

Like, historically I would often see people say a game was "rare" or "valuable", but for me, the threshold was always if the game held a value which was higher than its original purchase price + inflation. Like that was a useful yardstick. Because you'd often see people say some GBA game was rare & valuable, then you'd look it up on eBay and see you could get a copy for £18 in 2015. For me, that doesn't qualify.

Hell, I still have my Saturn UK Guardian Heroes, despite not even owning a Saturn, because I wasn't convinced it was worth selling. Now I see they're north of £100 I actually might go for it.

However, we're reaching a point now where so many games are now above that waterline; like anything which isn't a sports game or a mainstream wrestling game is pretty much guaranteed to do that at some point. It's strange.

Comment

I'm looking forward to the physical release of this. Interesting its volume 1. What titles could form a volume 2, that would make it compelling? The majority of big hitters are right here.

Comment

Working...
                                X