Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deadly Premonition ?1.99 on steam

Absolute bargain at that price.

Dunno why I bought this considering I have the ps3 version and havnt got very far. Steam sale poison strikes again!!

Comment

Apparently the PS3 version sucks?

Comment

The graphics are **** and playing it in 3D drags it down to around 15fps. Pc port sounds appalling also mind.

Comment

I guess that means it runs at 30fps then. Do you mean the graphics look worse than on 360? Bought it on PS3 the other day see.

Comment

I've not played the 360 version, apparently the PC port is locked to 720p, though fixes are available..

Comment

The PS3 version has slightly improved visuals over the 360 version but also has more framerate dips. The dips can lead to a bad bug if you charge through a door rather than opening it normally as the framerate messes with the collision checks and you can fall through the floor.

Technical aspects were never this game's strong point.

Comment

But it's worth it for the traumatising rollercoaster of a story. It makes every other game plot look really bad.

Comment

And just exploring the world. I'd happily take style, charm and an interesting world over framerate and bugs.

Comment

My advice to anyone new, play it on easy. That way you can enjoy the brilliant world and cast as the gameplay is awful. It's worth it that way. I watched the entire end on You Tube.

Comment

Or read a guide on getting the enhanced weapons and vehicles as early as possible.

Comment

I've not tried it but I have the PC version, when I rebought it a bit back I did some reading around and there's apparently fan made patches out there to get it running 60fps and 1080p. The framerate one, if true, would be good.

Comment

Yeah, you need to get Durante's fix for it. He did the Dark Souls PC fix as well.

Comment

Shame it's a bit of a botched port. Will def give the fixes mentioned a go.

Comment

Working...
                            X