Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you getting commission from Mafex?

Comment

Ha, no, but these two figures came up in my news feed, so new you'd like to be tempted too.

I think they look great but are overpriced.
      I'll keep an eye out for KOs!

Comment

Eddie Izzard became a patron of Bexhill Museum and commissioned a Winter Wartime Model Railway!

Comment

Havent bought many figures recently but i have been on the lookout for something cuphead for a while but i didn't find one that i liked till i spotted these. Mugman is currently on the way to me, a really nice figure, think i'll be keeping the box as it's too nice to bin. The packaging is totally over the top the inner box has a card sleeve over it then that was shipped inside a protector i'm guessing that's how this company ships their stuff i'm rather impressed.

I also discovered this stuff, i knew they had it in japan in some form as jishin mats the rubber gel pad stuff that's sticky that you use to keep things from moving during earthquakes they use it over here in big squares to keep mobiles stuck to dashboards ect but i didn't know it was also in tape form, i plan on using it to keep my smaller gashapon from falling off the plinths in the display box i bought could probably be used for keeping free standing figures from falling over too ones that are unstable i have to carefully test just how strong the adhesive is as it could pull off paint but it's not glue just a sticky silicone surface & if it loses it's sticking power from you touching it or it getting dusty you just wash it in water & air dry and it makes it good as new it can be reused infinitely. A useful tool though for figure collectors as it can stick anything to anything within reason.

The stuff i found on amazon was called nano strong tape but it comes in many forms like silicone sticky mats ect..
          Last edited by importaku; 14-01-2023, 12:58.

Comment

Used this afternoon to properly unbox the display cases i bought, a bit of flash needed trimming of the peg stand ends but apart from that they are pretty much great but as they only cost £11 each i can't complain too hard when they look this amazing. I didn't realise but in the box bottom they provided some clear silicone pads to hold your figures to the pegs so they dont slide off there's enough for one on each of them. you get 4 stands of each height in the box but i left 2 out.

Next step is getting some mini led string lights into them and installing them as topper boxes on top of my mini gashapon machines. But here's a rough test fitting to see if i need to change the heights around for my gashapon. In this case will be my beloved moai a la mode figures & the judgemental vegetables.

The side panels mean you get to enjoy from all angles, these cases would be amazing for keeping amiibo in and as they are designed to stack on top of each other you can fit loads into a small space although i probably wouldn't risk more than 3 high.
            Last edited by importaku; 14-01-2023, 15:03.

Comment

Went ahead & installed it on top of the capsule stations, took 2 layers of tape thickness to breach the gap, if only the feet of the case had been a few more millimeters apart it would have perfectly slotted onto the lid of the machine with no tape needed to hold it on.

Just wish i had a printer so i could print out some of the advertising images of the sets i own to replace the generic gashapon cards in the machines.

Comment

You should be able to get them printed out at somewhere like Snappy Snaps. Or Mail Boxes Etc.

Looking good, by the way!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  You should be able to get them printed out at somewhere like Snappy Snaps. Or Mail Boxes Etc.

Looking good, by the way!
                  ah i never thought to use the photo type printing places, cheers for suggestion.

Comment

Mugman turned up today, glad i have the main pair now. Might go for the rest of the set off the official us website but import duty/shipping will be a bitch.

Also stacked the 2nd gashapon display pod and set it up inside, door is a bit scuffed from shipping but thankfully i can use novus to fix that hurrah for that stuff it's saved me so many time with plastic cases.

hehe the sexy haniwa gets front & centre display.

Comment

Had another arrival for my Revoltech Amazing Yamaguchi My Hero Academia collection

This time it's Todoroki

Neil

Comment

Kind of tempted by these but which one to get, bleeding eyes is winning me over

Comment

Star Trek product licensing is really loosening up, eh?

Comment

Horny nerds are a good market.

Comment

Well Duh!

Looking forward to seeing the reveal

Comment

I'd rather they made a decisive run of ships rather than the hod podge of quality we have at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X