No announcement yet.

Mecha Mad and Figure Fixation V3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great seeing the Castle Greyskull and action figures. Brings back memories. Remember my dad making a castle out of cardboard and spray paint to tide me over until my birthday. Was surprised how green the original was upon seeing it. Looked up some scans of the original catalogue mini-comics recently; liked the original premise of MOTU where He-Man is a wandering barbarian who discovers the powerful relics of a lost civilisation in a post-apocalyptic wasteland.

Comment

Turns out there are far too many movie and TV cars I'd buy and I'm not willing to stump up the cash required or the space so in order to keep things to a limit on all fronts I'm going to literally scale the situation.

I have one 1:18 scale vehicle currently which is the DeLorean. I think I'll get two more to rotate in display and decide at some point what vehicles they should be.

I have around five 1:24 scale vehicles and will likely get four or five more over time with the same plan.

To make up the absentees the plan is to get an LED lit case to act as a background feature to the larger cars and buy all of the other vehicles in 1:64 scale where some can be bought for as little as £1.70. I've just started now either through ebay or new releases that are easy to get hold of. The first of these 1:64 cars I now have put away are:

Comment

With both Transformers and Ghostbusters turning 40 this year they will be getting another crossover release. Whereas the 35th brought the Transformers orientated toys as part of the collaborative line, this year Jada will be launching two die-cast scale models:

Transformers x Ghostbusters

Ghostbusters x Transformers

Comment

Comment

Just discovered this cute little bugger, added him to my preorders as he doesn't get released till halloween.

Also they made a Karby figure i'm seriously tempted lol.

Comment

1:1 replica of Dark Moon Greatsword from Elden Ring. Will go on sale for 68000 yen.

Comment

Couple of new arrivals for me recently

First up the next SH Figuarts Bleach figure
                This time its Byakuya Kuchiki in his Thousand Year Blood War outfit

Next up a new addition to the Transformers collection & this is another re-issue of the original Optimus Prime from 1984 BUT with a few (quite important) improvements...he is now possible!! It's the same figure I had (still have) from way back at the beginning but instead of having (very) limited mobility he now comes with full on poseability that 7 year old me could have only dreamed of at the time...you can bend his arms, bend his legs...he even has Ab crunch, honestly it's like the ultimate version of the original toy

So here is Optimus Prime Missing Link version

I'm really hoping this is the start of a line of the original figures with improved articulation & they certainly couldn't pick a better time to do it considering this is the 40th Anniversary of the franchise...I can't believe I've been playing & collecting Transformers now for 40 years...it's frankly crazy but something that I'll never stop enjoying

So that's me for this week

Neil

Comment

Oh man, that’s a great Optimus!

Comment

Nice gets as always Neil 👍

Comment

That prime is fantastic. It even has the mystery hidden power chart on the back of the box that you need to use a red sheet to see.
                      Oh man, I've got to get one of these. Off to Amazon I go.

Edit: oh well, looks like I'm not buying that. 115 quid. Wow! Still, a fantastic bit of nostalgia.
                      Last edited by Yakumo; 19-03-2024, 22:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        Oh man, that’s a great Optimus!
                        It's amazing to see the work they have put into updating the original figure & I honestly hope this is the start of a run of new updated figures

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          Nice gets as always Neil 👍
                          Thanks buddy, been ages since I've had anything so it's nice to have something to post

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                            That prime is fantastic. It even has the mystery hidden power chart on the back of the box that you need to use a red sheet to see.
                            Oh man, I've got to get one of these. Off to Amazon I go.

Edit: oh well, looks like I'm not buying that. 115 quid. Wow! Still, a fantastic bit of nostalgia.
                            Yeah sadly not a cheap figure, think I paid around £90 for my one, but for me it's money well spent

Being an updated version of the original figure is everything I could want so it was always a must have

There is also a version that is in the colours of the original cartoon (mine is Toy colours) but comes without the trailer & that is even harder to find now & some chancer on eBay is asking £500 for one

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/266710562625?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=H4r3eKF4QUq&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=swBBvl3x St 2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=TW

Neil

Comment

This is amazing

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X