No announcement yet.

Mecha Mad and Figure Fixation V3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the heads up on Scorps, I gotta have that one too!!

Comment

Sideshow are doing all kinds of stuff for Spooktacular again like last year ( have you guys been getting your free reward points?! Free money basically lol ) and they just sent out a 30% off discount code for a select few items nothing really amazing......but the Slattern statue from Pacific Rim was on there......i broke down and got him lol.

He was 10% off anyway so he was 40% off, so i got him for $336 shipped instead of $510. Also i still get $30 back in rewards!

Was always gonna pick him up along with Gypsy and Striker.....just didn't expect it to be so soon but i had to at that price.

I'm weak guys. So very weak
      Last edited by NeoDragoN; 29-10-2014, 21:39.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoDragoN View Post
        My advice would be put down the 10% on CDUK and throw ?20 a month on it, that's ?5 a week, which you'd only spend on other crap and then 12 months down the line he's pretty much paid off and you haven't taken that ?290 hit in one big chunk.....and trust me once he's in hand you'll be more than happy and if not you sell him off for probably more than what you paid...
        Please... just shut up, Neo!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          Please... just shut up, Neo!
          Makes a lot of sense doesn't it......think of in a week what you spend on....i dunno...food or drink or sweets whatever your little vice is....cut back a little save that ?5 a week.....a year later boom....Dr Doom in the house

Comment

I think DC Play arts Kai figures look god awful, did you see what they did with Green Lantern? The Arkham ones have been decent because they have stuck to the designs but the general DC stuff all has this ridiculous style to it which i just don't like. I've said before but i just don't like PAK stuff overall

Kier is up on CDUK for ?315. Only thing that annoys me about CDUK is how long after Sideshow he gets them lol, i'm just getting my Mark VII LSB this month and it was out months ago.

You got the room for Kier Neil? 28 inches tall! She's huge!

I just hope that because it is Sideshows baby they put all the effort into getting the production pieces looking like the proto because these things are incredibly detailed and lush-ously painted and anything less than that is gonna be such a big disappointment.

But yeah no rush on her at all, i'd put the 10% down on CDUK and forget about her fro a year lol
            I do know what you mean on the Play Arts stuff, the general DC stuff like Flash, Lantern etc. are a bit too styilised for me too but the Arkham stuff is pretty much spot on so it's basically what I'll stick too.

Yeah CDUK is WAY behind SS for getting stuff but I think he gets his pieces from Amerang so it takes a long time for them to get it.

I have Queen on order with them so doubt I'll be seeing her much before the early part of next year which is a shame as she looks amazing.
            Still I will have Green with Envy Ivy to tide me over till then

Will double check the costs between SS & CDUK before I decide who to order with as I might not be able to handle the extra wait for Kier.

Space? Do I have space?
            Do I ****
            I have no space for anything let alone a 28" statue but she's far too stunning to pass up, have you seen how gorgeous the unmasked portrait is??

How could you not want that in a collection??

Sideshow are doing all kinds of stuff for Spooktacular again like last year ( have you guys been getting your free reward points?! Free money basically lol ) and they just sent out a 30% off discount code for a select few items nothing really amazing......but the Slattern statue from Pacific Rim was on there......i broke down and got him lol.

He was 10% off anyway so he was 40% off, so i got him for $336 shipped instead of $510. Also i still get $30 back in rewards!

Was always gonna pick him up along with Gypsy and Striker.....just didn't expect it to be so soon but i had to at that price.

I'm weak guys. So very weak
            I have missed every single code for the additional reward points & it's a total PITA.
            I've lost out on loads of extra points which sucks.

Awesome get on the statue man.
            I looked at it but not for me.

Will be seriously impressive when you get it

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
              I do know what you mean on the Play Arts stuff, the general DC stuff like Flash, Lantern etc. are a bit too styilised for me too but the Arkham stuff is pretty much spot on so it's basically what I'll stick too.

Yeah CDUK is WAY behind SS for getting stuff but I think he gets his pieces from Amerang so it takes a long time for them to get it.

I have Queen on order with them so doubt I'll be seeing her much before the early part of next year which is a shame as she looks amazing.
              Still I will have Green with Envy Ivy to tide me over till then

Will double check the costs between SS & CDUK before I decide who to order with as I might not be able to handle the extra wait for Kier.

Space? Do I have space?
              Do I ****
              I have no space for anything let alone a 28" statue but she's far too stunning to pass up, have you seen how gorgeous the unmasked portrait is??

How could you not want that in a collection??

I have missed every single code for the additional reward points & it's a total PITA.
              I've lost out on loads of extra points which sucks.

Awesome get on the statue man.
              I looked at it but not for me.

Will be seriously impressive when you get it

Neil
              Tell you what Neil, Kier would look great in a detolf basically filling 2 cubes, it's how i have my Sonja displayed and she fills it up really nice at 26 inches, so at Kier at 28" would be even nicer! For ?40 it's a cheap and quick way of getting her on display. It's criminal to keep these things boxed up

I think i've done about $25 so far on the reward points, i have my phone set up for tweets and facebook posts from SS and i have the website saved and ready to go, so i can nip on quick and redeem them lol, only way to do it really. I got about $60 last year so they are slacking a bit this year lol.

I know Pacific Rim has it haters but i love it, so yeah well hyped to get Slattern and at a great price

Quick pic of my Sonja give you an Idea

Comment

Tell you what Neil, Kier would look great in a detolf basically filling 2 cubes, it's how i have my Sonja displayed and she fills it up really nice at 26 inches, so at Kier at 28" would be even nicer! For ?40 it's a cheap and quick way of getting her on display. It's criminal to keep these things boxed up

I think i've done about $25 so far on the reward points, i have my phone set up for tweets and facebook posts from SS and i have the website saved and ready to go, so i can nip on quick and redeem them lol, only way to do it really. I got about $60 last year so they are slacking a bit this year lol.

I know Pacific Rim has it haters but i love it, so yeah well hyped to get Slattern and at a great price

Quick pic of my Sonja give you an Idea

That will be the plan when I finally get sorted, unfortunately I am lacking teh space at the mo.

My lounge currently looks like this...

Totally overrun with Chloe stuff so lack of any useable room at the mo but as soon as I can Detolf's & Besta's will be the order of the day

Sonja looks awesome there.
                Thinking I probably should have got her to put with the Court PF's...kind of a bad ass women display

Nice get on the Rewards that would have been great & I'd be on over $100 with those
                Problem I have is 3G is shocking at my office & Twitter is firewalled so can't get to it easily & by the time I do they are gone

Neil

Comment

Don't you have a man room Neil? Office?

Comment

Don't you have a man room Neil? Office?
                    Lol I wish

1 bedroom flat buddy all crammed in like sardines.

Long story but we currently rent from my parents friends & are trying to move up to a 2 bed but affordable properties are getting harder to find lately & thanks to some more than stupid decisions years & years ago Mortgage is more or less impossible for me to get & savings wouldn't even begin to cover the deposit required anyway...at least not for a few more years anyway.

I made mistakes & I'm paying for them now simple as that really, sucks but I ****** up.

One day it will sort itself out just a bit crappy until it does.

Neil

Comment

If you stop buying so many My Little Pony toys for your daughter, you'd have more space and money for a deposit!

Erm... they're your daughter's... right?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        If you stop buying so many My Little Pony toys for your daughter, you'd have more space and money for a deposit!

Erm... they're your daughter's... right?

Yes they are hers lol

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                          Lol I wish

1 bedroom flat buddy all crammed in like sardines.

Long story but we currently rent from my parents friends & are trying to move up to a 2 bed but affordable properties are getting harder to find lately & thanks to some more than stupid decisions years & years ago Mortgage is more or less impossible for me to get & savings wouldn't even begin to cover the deposit required anyway...at least not for a few more years anyway.

I made mistakes & I'm paying for them now simple as that really, sucks but I ****** up.

One day it will sort itself out just a bit crappy until it does.

Neil
                          Sure it will all come good for you buddy

I'd still squeeze a detolf or two up a corner lol but yeah probably better to wait until you get somewhere bigger.
                          Last edited by NeoDragoN; 30-10-2014, 12:42.

Comment

Sure it will all come good for you buddy

I'd still squeeze a detolf or two up a corner lol
                            It will get there man I know it will just a slow process.

I will most likely pop one where the bean bag chair is (what I sit on when I game lol) when I find something to do with that.
                            I did want to replace the coffee table in the bottom right of the top picture as well but it's what Chloe uses to draw on & do her Play-Doh on as it's just the right height for her.

Neil

EDIT - Managed to snag a $5 reward code today - NOTR1CK
                            Hope I'll get more later
                            Last edited by Soundwave; 30-10-2014, 12:58.

Comment

This statue has reappeared, aiming mid 2015 now. Never really been wowed by the few Bayonetta statues or figures that have been made

Comment

Also coming, Year of the Goat Edition Transformers Masterpiece Soundwave

Nasty

Comment

Working...
                                X