Clear All

When's the world gonna open up again?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      MP Tracks and Bumblebee ordered!
      Nice
      Did you get original or V2 Bumblebee??

Comment

Still the best Masterpiece...did you know that Soundwave's face is the basis for the Decepticon insignia?

Quartet of Excellence in Image Form!

Soundwave Superior Constructicons Inferior.

"Nobody calls Soundwave Unchrasimatic!"

In the UK comics he was the leader for a period and had a letters page!
        Last edited by CAPCOM; 02-12-2020, 20:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
          Nice
          Did you get original or V2 Bumblebee??
          The V2.

I dread to ask but... is that the right one?

I adore Soundwave. Would love to have got that one and the tapes.

Comment

The V2.

I dread to ask but... is that the right one?

I adore Soundwave. Would love to have got that one and the tapes.
            V2 is fine, much more cartoon accurate than my V1 but people do say the feet kibble on the V2 is an issue... nothing serious just a but unsightly

Soundwave & the tapes are fantastic & if you can find one of the releases with all the tapes well worth getting

Failing that I would hold fire because the way Takara are going with cartoon accurate re-issues he won't be far off getting a new version

Neil

Comment

I must admit to having a slight preference for the earlier models than the cartoon accurate ones. Prowl, for example, loses some nice details. Prime loses his stripe. And some of the metallics turn to plain plastic. I still like them of course but I prefer what they were aiming for originally, But if they do another Soundwave set, I’ll snap it up. I don’t think I’d get it now for any decent price.

Comment

Yeah never got into the Cartoon accurate stuff either, prices all got a little out of hand when they started on this route.
                I do have Megatron but the cartoon version is the only option for him anyway lol

Just did a quick looky for SW & yeah definitely the wrong prices these days

Keep an eye out though because I'm sure Fans Toys are still on the cusp of a potential third party one...also Blaster at some point.

Neil

Comment

I just saw that Spinout, the red Sunstreaker, comes with stickers to make him toy accurate and also includes extra stickers just for Sunstreaker too (a shame that seems to be the only way to get them). So maybe they are edging back towards the toys rather than cartoons.

Comment

I just saw that Spinout, the red Sunstreaker, comes with stickers to make him toy accurate and also includes extra stickers just for Sunstreaker too (a shame that seems to be the only way to get them). So maybe they are edging back towards the toys rather than cartoons.
                    With the Diaclone repaints they are just to pad out the line & build funding for the future releases
                    I wouldn't expect them to sadly be an indication of the way the line will progress & with the impending Cartoon accurate Starscream MK3 it seems that the re-reissue is in for the long haul now

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                      Yeah never got into the Cartoon accurate stuff either, prices all got a little out of hand when they started on this route.
                      I do have Megatron but the cartoon version is the only option for him anyway lol

Just did a quick looky for SW & yeah definitely the wrong prices these days

Keep an eye out though because I'm sure Fans Toys are still on the cusp of a potential third party one...also Blaster at some point.

Neil
                      the problem with the cartoon accurate stuff for me was that they had already nailed a lot of the figures and the cartoon accurate stuff was trying to replicate some very dodgy animation with some characters having very flat and simple designs. Taking characters like smokescreen and retooling his head sculpt so he has a massive chin and doubling the price of him was a real shady move. Likewise the cost of the new prime at £360-£400 is stupid especially when you consider the quality control issues he has. Likewise smaller bots like hound at £150 shouldn't be snapping and showing stress marks from being transformed normally. Don't even get me started on a £100 Bumblebee that has feet and back kibble that really shouldn't be this bad in a figure of that price.

Its a line that's really lost its way and im happy to have the figures i want like Soundblaster, prime, Acidstorm, smokescreen, loudpedal, bluestreak and bumblebee.
                      Last edited by Lebowski; 03-12-2020, 08:52.

Comment

Yep. A lot of the design changes brought to the cartoon were not an improvement to the design - they were to make it produceable on the cheap. So it feels like an odd benchmark to aim for.

If they reissue Soundwave, you can be sure all the lovely metal will just go flat grey.

Comment

If they reissue Soundwave, you can be sure all the lovely metal will just go flat grey.
                          Newage are going crazy with their Soundwave mould!

There's a bright blue, dark blue, gold, metallic, clear and "Karate Kid" version!

Comment

Wow. Not sure how I feel about that. I kind of love it. But also don't.

Comment

Anyone else got some Transformers Kingdom pre-ordered? Most looking forward to Megatron from wave 1.

Comment

Not yet, I am firmly on the side that Beast Wars did nothing for me! Not real Transformers they just got the idea from Tom Hanks in Big! Skyscraper to Bugs would that not be cooler and they can do things with them!

My next purchase! A classic and the first TF I ever owned!
                                Last edited by CAPCOM; 03-12-2020, 21:58.

Comment

Working...
                                X