Mecha Mad and Figure Fixation V3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice post, chops.

That Gundam marker is great, but a nice tip is to get the grey one, not black as the definition is a little bit more subtle.
    As Chops says, use a cotton wool bud to soften the effect or it can look like this:

If we're making it sound complex, it's really not.
    They're a joy to build and look great and poseable at the end.

Definitely give it a try, because it's really satisfactory!

Chops, I've just downloaded the Evangelion episode as that's the model I'm building, thanks!

Comment

Thanks for all the input guys, apprecite it.
      [MENTION=3985]chopemon[/MENTION]
      Thanks for the website link as well...can see how my day will be spent now

Of course you can plug the podcast
      I won't lie I don't really listen to them but will certainly give yours a try as it's got a focus on something new & I'm interested in

I'll have a word with my brother when I can because I'm sure he'll have some spare snips & stuff being as he's a wargamer & builder to grab some before I jump on a brand new kit

Thanks again all

Neil

Comment

It's my dream one day to have a perfect grade gundam model. I remember being younger and seeing one advertised in an Anime mag I had and it was awesome. I'd never have the skill to put one together.

Comment

[MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION]

Comment

The Hello Kitty Gundam has some interesting plates.

I want it.

Comment

I think I need a lie down and to order the Ecto-1 version as well now

Comment

I like it. I almost got the Ecto one and, for some reason, couldn't bring myself to do it and I don't know why. This one looks more plasticy due to the difficulty getting that silver look but I really like it.

Comment

With the Ecto-1 I think I was put off by the random one off nature of it, just felt like it'd end up feeling like bric-a-brac in the home. A second one though and it starts to resemble a collection... Batmobile next year please

Comment

Batmobile? Maybe... but it feels like the next natural choices would be KITT or the A-Team van.

Comment

They could save a fortune and repurpose the Bumblee Masterpiece mould to make a Herbie model

Comment

Full-size Evangelion statue appears at Japanese theme park with entry plug synchronization tests

"Toei Kyoto Studio Park, also known as Toei Uzumasa Eigamura, is central Japan’s overlooked theme park. Universal Studios Japan, located over the prefectural border in Osaka, seems to get all the flashy stuff, like the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, a limited-time Final Famtasy roller coaster, and the upcoming Super Nintendo World expansion.

But this summer, Toei Eigamura is getting a new attraction that’s going to be very hard to ignore: a gigantic, possibly life-sized Evangelion statue.

We say “possibly life-sized” because in addition to being vague about several plot points and the meaning of much of its symbolism, the Evangelion anime franchise is notoriously fuzzy on exactly how big the Evas are, other than giant enough to qualify as part of the “giant robot” genre. What we do know for sure is that Toei Eigamura’s Eva Unit-01 statue, whose torso rises from a pool of blood-red LCL, will be 15 meters (49.2 feet) tall, making its upper body completely to scale for certain scenes in the series. As further proof of this, visitors will have the opportunity to stand on Unit-01’s palm and pose for pictures."

Comment

been quite a bit of controversy surrounding this it was $40 wallmart exclusive limited to 1985 pieces each individual numbered, 1-1985. Nobody knew they where up for pre-order they sold out in seconds as you could buy 12 at once, Ebay is full of $800 listing Now :/

it looks like its a remold of siege sideswipe too with is a £15 figure that windscreen and slab like body really let the figure down you'd think they could of added a fold to the bottom of the bonnet to give him a waist, and tinted the windscreen to hide the inside molding kibble.

Comment

Curious as to how Octobers mass production run version will vary from it

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                              Curious as to how Octobers mass production run version will vary from it
                              Going to guess that the most important difference is it won't cost $800.

Comment

Working...
                              X