Mecha Mad and Figure Fixation V3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    I mean who could resist that thing, the face looks like one of those Javanese demon masks and it’s a toilet as well.

Transformers....toilets in disguise.
    Sit on it...and get a big surprise

I asked my wife and son over lunch what they thought this robot would transform into.
    "A helicopter!" "A ball" were the suggestion!

One thing I did notice on those transformer sites is they are damn expensive, ironically this toilet was the cheapest figure on the front page. All the proper formers stuff had 3 figure price tags. An expensive hobby for sure.
    Yeah, it's a hobby I can't afford to go all in with, so I'm just picking a theme. I'm getting the various iterations of Countach cars.

Some people go crazy with the Pokemon approach, but I don't like the Bayformers robot modes and things that have vehicle alt modes (grasshoppers, bats, rhinos), so I'm immune to most stuff.

However, I also think I need an Optimus, oh and maybe Devastator as a Combiner, or the other Menasor cars now I have one, oh and Soundwave, plus his tapes, oh Neil's new purchase looks ace! etc.

I enjoy it when ordinary objects get transformed, last one that tempted me was that mega drive but in the end I relented. Just a shame that it was mainly vehicles that they based them on. Would have loved boring items like a kitchen blender transformed into some kickass robot with the cutting blade as the weapon.

Comment

I had a mate over at the weekend and watched a Fu film together, but it made me think I'd like a figure of one of my fave guys.

Jackie Chan had nothing ace from Armour of God or Police Story, but had one from The Foreigner:

One like this would be ace:

Then I thought Bruce Lee, but the joints are really obvious unless you have one with a Game of Death jumpsuit to hide them:

Finally, I thought about Keanu Reeves as either Neo or John Wick:

Basically, all roads seem to lead back to Hot Toys and there's no way I'm dropping about £150 on a doll!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

I asked my wife and son over lunch what they thought this robot would transform into.

Yeah, it's a hobby I can't afford to go all in with, so I'm just picking a theme. I'm getting the various iterations of Countach cars.

Some people go crazy with the Pokemon approach, but I don't like the Bayformers robot modes and things that have vehicle alt modes (grasshoppers, bats, rhinos), so I'm immune to most stuff.

However, I also think I need an Optimus, oh and maybe Devastator as a Combiner, or the other Menasor cars now I have one, oh and Soundwave, plus his tapes, oh Neil's new purchase looks ace! etc.

Lol I actually had those happy meal toys, compared to the usual tat in the uk they were pretty smart.

Comment

I mean who could resist that thing, the face looks like one of those Japanese demon masks and it’s a toilet as well.

Transformers....toilets in disguise.
          Sit on it...and get a big surprise

One thing I did notice on those transformer sites is they are damn expensive, ironically this toilet was the cheapest figure on the front page. All the proper formers stuff had 3 figure price tags. An expensive hobby for sure.
          Lol yep it is a pricey past time...I actually just had the invoice for my latest 3 figure figure

To be fair though there are plenty of options in the sub £60 bracket for Transformers in the 3rd party section & if you aren't adverse to knock offs then practically everything from the official MP line is available for huge savings.

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Definitely. Very expensive. So far, I have only bought two (Sunstreaker and Sideswipe) and I truly love them but I have had a very hard time taking the plunge on anything else. Even others I REALLY wanted (Soundwave and Prowl) I hovered over the buy button again and again and just couldn't bring myself to do it.
          Oh you definitely need more...many more

That's right. Soundwave was the one with the tapes. I always wanted that one as a kid and the masterpiece version looks so good. It's boxy obviously but it looks exactly how I imagined the toy to be, rather than how it actually is!
          Yep Soundwave is the most glorious figure ever G1 or MP
          I have both...obviously

G1 Reissue version

Loose G1

Glorious Masterpiece version

Oh & the rest of the cassette Bots in MP scale too

He He, glad I have some influence

Oh now you have started Menasor you need to finish him...be wrong not too

I had a mate over at the weekend and watched a Fu film together, but it made me think I'd like a figure of one of my fave guys.

Jackie Chan had nothing ace from Armour of God or Police Story, but had one from The Foreigner:

One like this would be ace:

Then I thought Bruce Lee, but the joints are really obvious unless you have one with a Game of Death jumpsuit to hide them:

Finally, I thought about Keanu Reeves as either Neo or John Wick:

Basically, all roads seem to lead back to Hot Toys and there's no way I'm dropping about £150 on a doll!
          £150?
          Where did you see them for this much?
          I'd be all over them...John Wick & Neo are both the wrong side of £230 easily
          I wish HT stuff was still under £200 a figure but sadly those days are long gone now

Neil

Comment

You I know I love all the amazing stuff you buy! You could charge me to visit and look at everything!

Was looking at loads too late at night. There are some Wick and Neo pieces on Ali Express less than £100, but you know the score there.

Official Wick is about £240, you're right.
            Official Neo isn't even out yet. They've only just got the license. No rush, guys!

Can't justify that kind of money, but will get another Transformer soon.

Comment

Great pics! Soundwave and the tapes are so good.

Comment

You I know I love all the amazing stuff you buy! You could charge me to visit and look at everything!

Was looking at loads too late at night. There are some Wick and Neo pieces on Ali Express less than £100, but you know the score there.

Official Wick is about £240, you're right.
                Official Neo isn't even out yet. They've only just got the license. No rush, guys!

Can't justify that kind of money, but will get another Transformer soon.
                He he I try.
                Well when I finally get the stuff out of storage & on display you'll be welcome to pop round for a visit

Oh yeah probably not so legit.

You mean this Neo?

He's due around March time

Going to be fully capable of crazy Bullet time stuff too

Seriously tempted...especially since Agent Smith was teased at Tokyo Comic Con this year...just need a Morpheous & I'd be 100% on board

Good man on the Transformers...anyone in mind?

Neil

Comment

Great pics! Soundwave and the tapes are so good.
                  No problems man...plenty more where they came from including the original Prowl release (and the other Nissan Bros)

Neil

Comment

I might just see if I can get a cheap one of these:

Urf, loads of Transformers have my eye.
                    I'm thinking of trying various companies.
                    Takara Sunstreaker (or KO, but reviews are middling), Badcube Recon and Wei Jiang MPP-10.

Comment

I might just see if I can get a cheap one of these:

Urf, loads of Transformers have my eye.
                      I'm thinking of trying various companies.
                      Takara Sunstreaker (or KO, but reviews are middling), Badcube Recon and Wei Jiang MPP-10.
                      Always liked the McFarlane figures.
                      He's £25 on Ebay

All good choices.
                      Heard of a few issues with Recon, mostly with going back to Alt mode, he doesn't seem to return to flush & lots have noticeable panel gaps he doesn't roll properly either

The Wei-Jang oversize stuff is meant to be all kinds of awesome though

Neil

Comment

I thought I’d just do something simple this evening so I initially started on the skirts and the shoulder unit. And then I ended up doing the entire right arm whilst I had Voyager on the telly.

Pre-assembled articulated fingers...

And this is where we’re up to now...

Comment

So I’ve got the inner frame completely built, I just need to do the backpack that holds the wings and the battery box...

Then I won’t have to hold the batteries in really odd positions in order for it to light up

Looking at the instructions, I’m thinking it’s going to be much easier to do the panel lining on parts of the wings before assembling them fully. They have all these individual ‘feathers’ that fold out on both the larger pair of wings and the secondary pair too, it’s all a bit complicated.

I’ve decided so far that I’m not going to arm it with either the beam-sabres or ridiculously large guns... I’m going to go for a more angelic pose with the wings outstretched.
                          Last edited by _SD_; 20-10-2018, 00:57.

Comment

All ready for panel lining...

I’m going to have to glue the wings to remove the seam lines, but probably after I’ve done the panel lining and clear coat.

And I’m going to modify the battery box as it’s an absolute nightmare and I spent a good couple of hours arsing around with it the other night. I reckon I’ll run the wires out the hole for the switch, and put the batteries in whatever stand I use.

Comment

New Transforme get this weekend.

Fanstoys take on Masterpiece Cyclonus...

He even comes with Nightstick so you van turn him into Target Master Cyclonus

3 extra facelates plus extra head, Swords & Leg pieces to turn him into the IDW comic version

Looks great in Robot mode but heard absolute horror stories about the transformation & panels not fitting properly so this one will be staying in 'Bot mode

Neil

Comment

For you Transformer nerds.

I follow this guy on Twitter. He does cover over ‘toys’, but predominantly Transformers.

Here is his hefty Transformers Siege Voyager Optimus Prime Review ...

Enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                                X