Mecha Mad and Figure Fixation V3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I like the stripe, but hey-ho.

It's quite tricky getting "cartoon accurate" colours, as they change quite often due to the budgets in them.

I've got Crackup (Breakdown) and some people don't like the off-white off the limbs and lighter white of the body, but that's how he was drawn!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      So I'm up to three Masterpiece Transformers now: Sideswipe; Silverstreak and Crackup.
      I was thinking it'd be nice to have an Optimus Prime to go with them.

HOLY SMOKES! There are so many to choose from.
      So, offically, there's the MP-01, which is defunct, the MP-10, which is expensive (but KO options are available to make it cheaper) and they've just announced MP-44, which looks nice but is a whopping £289!

A couple of other companies have announced Masterpiece-sized Primes - Transform Element TE-01 and Magic Square TOYS MS-01. They're closer to the £85 mark.

However, in looking at those, I've seen there a surge in the smaller "Legends" sized characters with Magic Square, DX9 and Mech Planet all bringing out their interpretation of a tiny Prime. I'm tempted to cut my losses and go down the Legends route as you still get accurate models, take up less shelf space and you can get a lot more of them for the money.

Legends Scale
      DX9 Toys War in Pocket X34 Dutch
      Magic Square - MS-B18
      Mech Planet HS-02
      GENERATION TOY - GT-05
      Robot Masters RM-01
      Takara Tomy THS-02

DX9 Toys War in Pocket X34 Dutch

Magic Square - MS-B18

Mech Planet HS-02

GENERATION TOY - GT-05

Robot Masters RM-01

Takara Tomy THS-02

Voyager Scale
      KuBianBao MP10V

Masterpiece Scale
      Takara Tomy MP-10
      Collection Kingdom MP-10 KO
      Transform Element TE-01
      Magic Square TOYS MS-01
      Takara Tomy MP-44 Ver. 3

Takara Tomy MP-10

Collection Kingdom MP-10 KO

Transform Element TE-01

Magic Square TOYS MS-01

Takara Tomy MP-44 Ver. 3

Slightly bigger
      Wei Jiang MPP-10
      YueXing MMP-10
      Takara Tomy MP1

Wei Jiang MPP-10

YueXing MMP-10

Takara Tomy MP1

A bit different from G1
      Generation Toy GT-3 OP EX (IDW)
      E1147 Power of the Primes
      Lewin-01 Atlas

Generation Toy GT-3 OP EX (IDW)

E1147 Power of the Primes

Lewin-01 Atlas

Ultimetal Optimus Prime

£290?
      And the rest...I assume you are looking at TFS Express again QC?
      If you are then that price includes a £30 customer loyalty discount
      You need to have spent £100+ with TFS-Express in the last year to receive the discount & need to prove it with order numbers etc.
      If you haven't then the actual price for him is £320 + shipping

As freaking awesome as he is no way even I can justify trying to afford him

I already have MP01 & MP10 so I am sorted for Prime but damn the cartoon version is glorious

Neil

Comment

I'm now officially naming him toilet shogun. he finally arrived and totally worth the wait, feels weird having a chinese figure as all the text is in chinese on the box. Usually this kind of stuff comes from japan but not this time It's very nicely painted but the plastic feels a little light so i'll have to be careful transforming him he feels like he's made from ABS so it's quite brittle but despite that he looks amazing i haven't fully gotten him set up but here's a few pics. The box is just as nice as the figure i love the little details of the entire package, hell i was wondering where on earth the instructions were to transform him then i noticed a cloth scroll in the box, the instructions are printed on the cloth it's super fancy.

I may try and get some proper pics at the weekend if i have time. But for now.....

Badass

Lol i love the sense of humour it's all through the entire package.

embossed golden poops so fancy

fancy cloth scroll

actually transformation instructions and each part is highlighted so you know what to move next.

never seen instructions for a figure printed on cloth before, it's so luxuriant hehe.

Comment

I am envious! He looks great. And those instructions!

Comment

Chimp if you want a MP10 the shattered glass one is often on sale if you keep an eye on Kapow they seem to knock his price down regualry i picked him up for £60 and im a sucker for a purple Decpti-bro

The new optimus is not really enough of a change to warrant the £300 price tag for me. I have so many different versions of Optimus Prime including two different versions of mp1, the original 80s figure, as well as a third party KBB versions, alternators, combiner wars and power of the primes, so i'm a bit burnt out on him to tell you the truth.

Comment

Thanks, [MENTION=960]Lebowski[/MENTION]!

I just looked and it's currently £159.99, so I'll give it a miss at the minute, but will keep my optic sensors open as that's a sale price I would bite at.

I didn't actually realise what this was. I thought it was the Evangelion colour scheme and it's called "Shattered Glass" because he has shattered glass in his windows, but I looked at the Kapow blurb and it's an alternative universe where the Autobots are the bad guys and the Decepticons are the good guys!

You learn something every day!

Shattered Glass and Evangelion Primes:

That's a lot of Primes and if you've got several good ones, I can see why you don't need another at such a high price.

I do think these Masterpiece toys are a feat of engineering genius. Just amazing.

I'm going to wait for some reviews of the Transform Element and Magic Square versions of Masterpiece Prime and maybe dabble in one of the Legends scale in the mean time.

If I like them, I may get some more Legends as it fits my budget a bit better.
              I just can't justify some of these high prices on what are toys. Amazingly engineered, but still toys!
              [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION], I went for the lower price because I thought you'd correct me with a better price if I went higher, but it seems it really is over £300!

Comment

Thanks, [MENTION=960]Lebowski[/MENTION]!

I just looked and it's currently £159.99, so I'll give it a miss at the minute, but will keep my optic sensors open as that's a sale price I would bite at.

I didn't actually realise what this was. I thought it was the Evangelion colour scheme and it's called "Shattered Glass" because he has shattered glass in his windows, but I looked at the Kapow blurb and it's an alternative universe where the Autobots are the bad guys and the Decepticons are the good guys!

You learn something every day!

Shattered Glass and Evangelion Primes:

That's a lot of Primes and if you've got several good ones, I can see why you don't need another at such a high price.

I do think these Masterpiece toys are a feat of engineering genius. Just amazing.

I'm going to wait for some reviews of the Transform Element and Magic Square versions of Masterpiece Prime and maybe dabble in one of the Legends scale in the mean time.

If I like them, I may get some more Legends as it fits my budget a bit better.
                I just can't justify some of these high prices on what are toys. Amazingly engineered, but still toys!
                [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION], I went for the lower price because I thought you'd correct me with a better price if I went higher, but it seems it really is over £300!
                Yeah I will never ever firgive myself for not buying the Evangelion Prime at release but he was £130 back then & didn't have the cash by the time I did he was sold out & now he's easily £300+ on the secondary market

In regards to getting a Prime then there are Knock Offs available which normally ship as cab only.
                You can get them from TF-Direct.com along with KO of all other figures

Sadly I wish I could have come up with a better price for MP-44 but nope that's it
                You can go direct to Nippon-Yassan / Anime Export etc. But once you add shipping & customs (which with something like this you probably won't be able to avoid) it probably won't be any cheaper & possibly even dearer
                I have looked at all avenues for this one lol

Neil

Comment

Thanks, Neil.

Personally, I think paying £300+ when MP-10, Transform Element and Magic Square are all available is bonkers, but each to their own.

I'll probably end up getting the KBB version, if anything.

The Legends Scale prices are more my range.
                  Nice to have options, though.

Comment

There is a lovely black Decepticon Prime masterpiece but it doesn't come with the trailer and that makes a huge difference to me. It's not right without the trailer!

Comment

[MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION], ever used Oh my Primus?

Comment

Thanks, Neil.

Personally, I think paying £300+ when MP-10, Transform Element and Magic Square are all available is bonkers, but each to their own.

I'll probably end up getting the KBB version, if anything.

The Legends Scale prices are more my range.
                        Nice to have options, though.
                        Yeah it does seem daft to keep going but the 'Toon aesthetic for Prime looks bootiful

Legends scale are good but I am a sucker for the MP line

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        There is a lovely black Decepticon Prime masterpiece but it doesn't come with the trailer and that makes a huge difference to me. It's not right without the trailer!
                        Ah Nemesis Prime
                        He's a stunner alright
                        It is possible to buy trailers on their own
                        In fact TF-Direct sell them as well

[MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION], ever used Oh my Primus?
                        No never heard of that one
                        Just looking now...seem reasonable price wise, just shipping & potential Customs that may prove troublesome

Neil

Comment

I should probably mention I'm very envious of your collection, Neil, but your daughter won't appreciate it.
                          Feel free to amend your will, mate.

Comment

I should probably mention I'm very envious of your collection, Neil, but your daughter won't appreciate it.
                            Feel free to amend your will, mate.
                            Ha ha ha
                            You're probably right...let me get onto the Will people & get it sorted for you

Neil

Comment

Hasbro Pulse is Hasbro's ultimate fan destination, where fans come first. Shop Hasbro Pulse for the latest action figures and collectibles from G.I. Joe, Ghostbusters, Transformers, Power Rangers, Star Wars, Marvel, and more.

Wait for it...

Comment

But why? I preferred Dirty Man.

Comment

Working...
                                X