No announcement yet.

Mecha Mad and Figure Fixation V3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Transformers Legacy Art of Transformers Packaging book turned up today. It's bigger than I expected and full of all the classic Transformers art from the boxes that I remember and full of many I don't know at all. It's a real nostalgia treat!

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
      How you like those likings??!
      Me like them likings verily much

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        The Transformers Legacy Art of Transformers Packaging book turned up today. It's bigger than I expected and full of all the classic Transformers art from the boxes that I remember and full of many I don't know at all. It's a real nostalgia treat!
        Awesome stuff
        I have this on my Chrimble list for the familia hoping someone gets it for me

Comment

Another addition to the figure cabinet, i'm a bit out of the target demographic for Star vs the forces of evil but the characters & show are super fun. Another handmade figure, couldn't resist getting Star.

Comment

Okay, these are ticking a lot of boxes...
            Log in to Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family and people you know.

Comment

Vacations, so...model time!
              One more Alice Gear Aegis X Megami Device kit first, Sitara Kaneshiya

And right after completing her, I moved to the Master Grade Gundam Barbatos (Iron Blooded Orphans). This is just the incomplete torso, and it took a couple of hours alone. The range of movement and detailing are impressive.

Comment

Barbatos complete! A truly magnificent model really enjoyed assembling it.

There are two downsides: the backpack opens to support the cannon, and the internals aren't particularly good looking. And then the stickers: at first glance I thought Bandai switched to water decals, but instead they are...well, stickers, and positioning them is a proper pain. Plus they have a rather large clear border around them, which looks nice on white plastic, but everywhere else...they look kinda bad.
                Full album: https://imgur.com/a/ZUvWzg4

Comment

That looks ace, BK!

Comment

I had this lying around for quite some time, I was ready to build it during the Christmas vacations, but during the Barbatos I managed to break my only nipper, so I had to wait until I found a replacement...which happened on Saturday morning, so here it is a mecha from Border Break.

This is made by Kotobukiya, not quite on par with Bandai's Master Grade in terms of engineering, detailing, and posability. The plastic was almost more porous than Kotobukiya's own Frame Arms Girls and Xenoblade kits, and even brittle at times. It's also strange that the kit didn't come with any kind of decal or sticker, everything is detailed with coloured plastic or painitng.
                    It was a nice change of pace, but not the greatest of kits.

Comment

Love the Border Break stuff.
                      That and the (normal) Frame Arms mechs (the Girls stuff isn't my bag) make a nice change from the tidal wave of Gundam designs.

Comment

Some nice gunpla work there, i love the designs of gundam but i eternally wish that they would make master grade kits but in SD gundam style as i adore SD gundam they become much more of a character when they go into that style.

Comment

New Astro City Arcade Game [Cave Interactive Titles] 1/12 Plastic Model(Pre-order)

Comment

Me like dem

Comment

Definitely need me some of those. I'd prefer a Blast, but I suppose an NAC will do

Comment

Got the Master Grade FAZZ (Full Armor ZZ) Gundam ver. Ka, and immediately started building it. Still a WIP, the ZZ itself is complete but it still needs all its extra armour and weapons. Quite the big kit, the box is as big as a Sazabi ver. Ka and plates go up to V, with about half of them beign double...work table is a bit of a mess.

Comment

Working...
                                X