No announcement yet.

Sunset Overdrive Xbox One review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The base defence is the best bit, chaining traps together so they burn, electrocute and chop up enemies automatically is great fun.

I finished the main campaign last night , which was pretty fun, although now I've done it I'm not sure if I want to play any more...

Comment

Did a third roughly and traded it in, i might return down the line when its on the cheap. It is fine, enjoyable enough but the reviews over egged it, probably too enamoured by the styling. Its fun but nothing special and I never felt compelled to put it on, too many other games out I'd rather be playing. Sega should do JSRF HD, much better game

Comment

Just finished it this evening, clocked 20 hours. More than happy with the entire game, I really enjoyed it start to finish.
        Going to mop up all the challenges I left for endgame, as well as the side quests of which more seem to be popping up as I go.
        The game does start off a bit slow especially unlocking all you powers once you have them all traversal is SO much higher, faster and fluid. Air dash was a god send, I was wracking up the combos around the entire city after that unlocked.
        Only thing I didn't feel there were enough of was epic boss battles, there could have been a few more, when they arrived they were always fun but they felt over too soon. The last one was cool but again became easy with a geared up weapon.
        MS should swoop straight in for Sunset Overdrive 2 if it comes up in talks, if not it's a cracking open world game from Insomniac that deserves to be played by everyone.

Comment

I've been playing this for about 4 hours now but I can't stand the grinding on rails and bouncing everywhere. I can do it just fine, that isn't the issue. The issue I have is I get lost and lose track of where the enemy is I'd rather just run, duck and blast. At least that way it's easier to aim and keep track of the enemy. I do like the game and I want to like the combat systen but at the moment it's sort of pissing me off.

Comment

Any tips for boosting style? I seem to be endlessly stuck on 2 bars. (Only played an hour though)

Comment

The game gets better the further you get through, in particular it improves once you unlock the air dash. Use the amps that increase style and decrease amount of style needed to go up a level, then you should find it more fun.

Finished and enjoyed the game more than I expected. It's not outstanding by any means but it is one of the better games to come out this generation so far. It looks superb at times as well, the view from the highest points on the map are really impressive.
              Traded it in after finishing though, didn't feel the need to play it again.

Comment

Wow....

Havent seen too much on any system that looks as good as this. Amazing visuals

Comment

Returned to this and I've finished off the main campaign and the Mooilrig DLC. Bumped the score up to an 8, it's true that once you get things like the air dash it plays a lot better and you get in a groove with the missions. Personally, I'd have still ramped up the frequency of the platforming massive bosses and removed the horde mode-esque defense missions as they dragged it down for me each time I got into it but when the game shines it does so very strongly. In the end, nice stuff.

Comment

It's really concerning how quickly time goes by, I could have sworn my last revisit on this was last year.

Well, PC version is out and it's the second of the two games I booted up last night. This also has pretty limited settings and despite its age and pretty straight forward visuals compared to much more taxing software it struggled to get near 60fps for me. As there's little to mess around with I knocked it down to 1440p and the game suddenly hit 60fps with everything maxed with no trouble. I've only done enough to get towards the first horde mission but it's nice to revisit this one. Seemingly the impression the game leaves gets better with each revisit.

Comment

It's a great game but it really needs an X enhancement patch. I do prefer Spider-Man as it feels like a more refined version of SO

Comment

I'm the opposite, for me Spider-Man is refined but blander so I've come to love SO more

Comment

Decided to keep focus on this over the weekend and now maybe a third of the way into the DLC so the end is in sight. Deep in the part now where all the main movement unlocks are open so getting around at pace without touching the ground is a breeze and the game sings under this situation

Comment

Working...
                          X