Destiny 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destiny 2

It was a given, Activision has never been coy about its deal with Bungie, but none the less they've confirmed that Bungie has begun development work on the sequel to the recent hit.

Bungie will also be developing some extra DLC for the first game as well to tide over the wait for players.

Wonder when Bungie will finish development of Destiny? It's still a work in progress to me.
    Well I know I won't be buying Destiny 2, sorry Bungie you had a chance, I paid for that with my time and money which could have been better spent, won't make the same mistake twice.
    Destiny 2 will be a current gen only game and look amazing bit I'm not getting suckered in.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
      Wonder when Bungie will finish development of Destiny?
      I would hazard a guess that they already have the majority of their resources working on a sequel and smaller teams working on remaining DLC. Either that or they have been working on Destiny 2 in parallel to the original release for some or all of the first game's development.

I still have some hope that a sequel could improve on the faults with the first game, expand the world and add content on top of the already fantastic gun play.

Comment

This headline nearly made me spit my drink out. Destiny is not even on 1 yet is it? More like 0.5!

Comment

F2P launch and new Expansion both delayed till 01 October

Comment

So Bungie have just announced a heap of new stuff for the game including 4k/60fps updates for PS5/XSX and inter generation support (PS4 play with PS5) with the hopes to bring full cross play support across all platforms later

Today is the start of the final season, Season of the Arrival which is the introduction to the darkness enemy.
            September brings a new expansion, Destiny 2: Beyond Light which has a new destination.
            They will continue the yearly September expansion model with The Witch Queen (2021) and Lightfall (2022)

Also Bungie are introducing Destiny Content Vault which will allow them to cycle out content, & thus add content (Destiny 1 Cosmodrome which is coming back in.) Mars, IO, Titan, Mercury and Leviathan are out this September.

Comment

I enjoyed dipping back into Destiny 2 when last years expansion hit but I have no thirst for years of more expansions. Nice that it looks like the switch to F2P for the base game seems to have worked for them though.

Comment

Maybe if they took out the 30 odd gig of language packs that no one uses outside their country they’d be able to fee up hd space. The actual planets and game stuff takes up hardly any space at all.

Comment

Another three years of D2 is a depressing thought. Even more so considering Bungie have no real idea how to handle the game, make baffling decision after baffling decision, and it's been little more than a paid-for dress sim the last two years riddled with bugs, full of reskins, and lacking innovation.

Despite the odd improvement, D1 was far more fun, with far less to do.

Ditched this floater during Opulence. Y1 was abysmal, Y2 was good for a month, but the seasons were poor, and another lacklustre lair (Crown of Sorrow) was my tipping point. Nothing I've seen throughout Y3 has seemed even remotely worth my time.

Now we have a couple of plonkers promising it will all be amazing in the future ...just rings hollow given how often we have heard that spiel. All talk and no trousers.

And they've trotted out the usual lie when it's the begging for pre-orders time in the Bungo cycle...

"This approach allows us respond to player feedback more rapidly"
                  "to be able to react to community feedback quicker"

So deluded they actually believe that crap...

Comment

Bungle: we’re taking a load of planets out to free up space for new stuff to do.

Also Bungle: were adding the comodrome back in but theres nothing really to do in it yet.

Second i saw all those planets are going i just laughed my arse off and switch the stream off.

Absolute idiots.

Comment

Lots of good news; 3 expansions, 4K@60, cross-platform, cross-play etc. Certainly commitment to the game, although I feel it's probably reflective of Bungie working in the main on something else.

I think the removal of content is a real shame. Any new players won't be able to play the original D2 campaign or DLC. Shame there is no way to offer those even as just offline, optional downloads. You can see potential time-limited events re-releasing that content, maybe adjusted in some way. So many other games manage to always offer that old content.

At this point though I just realise Destiny really isn't for me. I adore the gameplay but I can't stand all the systems surrounding the game. And its business model is that of a f2p game and I can't play something that needs me to play for hundred of hours or spend hundreds to complete a battle pass or buy the best looking cosmetics in the game. I know Destiny 2 isn't the only game guilty of this, but here it's particularly apparent.

Still I imagine there's a good chance I'll want to revisit the game at some point in the future again though.

Comment

Id like to say ill return to go through a new campaign story but since there about 5 mins long i just can’t be arsed any more.

Comment

I got slightly back into this for a bit, can't lie. Once Shadowkeep, Shallowcrap tbh, hit GP I gave it a spin. Then Beyond Light too. Same as usual, great gunplay, little else, too little fun.

Anyways, main reason for this bump, Crucible tokens are the latest currency to be phased out, so if you haven't played for a while and have a stash, you need to cash them in before next Tues reset (start of next season) or lose them. Just in case, like me, you need even more legendary shards and cores to add to the absurd amount you already have and will never spend in a game you no longer play.

Comment

I actually went to play this this morning, popped in the disc and was greeted with a 71.4GB update.... With my crappy internet, I'm looking at 12 hours to download it.

Comment

I had booted it up end of last year and tbh was so disgusted with the amount of stuff they removed and the "new" stuff being either recycled or only if you pay for the beyond light upgrade. Felt like it was more barebones then the game was this time last year

Comment

Working...
                              X