No announcement yet.

Rainbow Six 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did not notice any frame rate or stutter issues either. I don't think you will go wrong with this title though.

As for the XBOX live situation with people just ploughing in guns-a-blazing, I would think there are a couple of solutions to that..
    1. Play with people on your buddy list that you know will play it the right way.
    2. I would think you would be able to adjust the limit of lives (respawns) each person has like Ghost Recon, this will work for CO-OP play. If you meant team play then I would think you can get your kill total up pretty quick, if you have no team mates left or the enemy just rush you, FLASH-BANG-WALLOP.

TR

Comment

>_<

Noooo, split screen coop has been taken out

Still available on system link, which is ok...but myself and mate have such a variety of xboxs (regions\hacked\non-hacked) that usually the games refuse to connect when linked up. Step forward Brute Force.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny
        Also for those that wanna know, if you have a modded machine and the US demo disk all the extra download content on the disk can be used and works fine online.

On the US demo disk there are 2 levels for Splinter Cell (one already out on XBL) and another 4 levels for GR:IT (not available on XBL, yet).
        Just be warned when installing these. As my US mates discovered to all our cost, the extra levels install also patches up the game irrevocably.

The problem is that once you've installed them, all your buddies need them too. A person with them installed cannot play host to those without them, even on the other levels, and vice versa.

Comment

I picked up the PAL version last night, almost bought the Headset edition, but it really did look cheap and nasty. I don't recommend it to be honest.

As for the final game next to the demo, it does feel strange removing the abilty to select commands on the 'A' menu with the stick, as now you need to use the DPad. Not a problem, just a strange change.

It's a heavily scripted game, but I am enjoying it a lot. Very scary when you are pinned down with gunfire and you can't see where it is coming from...

I got to the end of the second mission last night (the music during the loading for this mission is fab!), where I scored a touchdown with a grenade. Yay!

Comment

Sounds great. I'm absolutely dying to get my mitts on it, and I'm very tempted to go into town now and pick it up, but alas I have to wait until tomorrow when my girlfriend gets back from Canada with a copy. I'm so impatient!

Comment

My copy arrived this morning so will give it a go this evening.

Comment

Very immersive game so far, love the way smoke travels along the roofs of tunnels and that when you shoot drapes etc, they react with real physics. The voice command is a blast as well.

Just seen some great ragdoll physics where a hot terrorist fell onto a table and slowly turned over and fell off. top.

Played a few online games and suffered quite a bit of lag. turning off explosives seemed to do the trick as in GRIT

Comment

Anyone up for a game tonight? I'd like to try co-op online, the team survival games I've played so far were a bit "every man for himself" I'd like to get a decent tactical game going

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ
                    It's a heavily scripted game, but I am enjoying it a lot.
                    Having played for just over a week, it is the scripting that's the 'downside' for the single player game, though it's not a big one. I've found that the best remedy for this is Terrorist Hunt mode, which gives you random enemies on any of the same campaign maps you've opened. So, even offliners get replay value. I suppose it's a bit like deathmatch with bots, except there's dozens of them and they hate your country.

I got to the end of the second mission last night (the music during the loading for this mission is fab!), where I scored a touchdown with a grenade. Yay!
                    Have at them with the (aptly named in your case) Willie Pete grenades! Oh the flesh burning, screaming and running - more satisfying than a plain ol' vanilla frag grenade.

I was surprised yesterday, on the Venezuelan hostage mission, to completely destroy two doors at opposite ends of the master bedroom with one grenade. I'm used to doors being absolutely impervious to harm from any weapon within a game's arsenal. Yet more kudos to R6. Fantastic.

Comment

How does it compare to the PC version? I loved SWAT3 (on the PC) and want to get something similar, but I'm not sure whether the XBox or PC version of RainbowSix3 would be better... I'm aware it's not the same game, but I don't want to buy both all the same.
                      I've got a fairly beefy PC so would be able to play it with settings maxed out. If there's no split-screen co-op on the XBox version any more, that's one fewer reason to chose the console game also. But then the XBox version is newer, does that mean better??
                      Help, advice anyone?

Comment

Do you find the limited team controls a bit...limiting? On more than one occasion I wanted to split the three up, so we had two teams of two (including me), but this isn't possible. It's like three friends at school who have to do everything together. Also annoying that the some guy always has to lead, when they have one bar of health left I'd rather choose someone else - unless I go of course, which is usually the case.

By the way, when I say that I scored a touchdown with a grenade, I mean I caught one from the other end of the tunnel. It was a great catch, and the crowd went wild. For a little reminder of this amazing event, they all got to keep a little bit of me. A Pound of Pete.

Yes, I died. Gibbed, if you will. And it sucked, because I was right at the end of the level. Bugger.

Comment

I've been playing this afternoon. The single player is brilliant. Admittedly I'm only on the second level but still!
                          I've not tried playing on line yet, but I have downloaded the new level, looks like it's going to have lots of new content avaliable like Ghost Recon Island Thunder does.
                          I'm not too keen on the map, but the voice commands work really well. If anyone wants to play this weekend add me to your friends list...

Comment

I want a pound of Pete! Can you send away? I have tokens!

God, I don't know. Here 18 months and I completely misunderstand your American sports analogy. *slaps forehead*

Know what you mean about the reduced team instructions. I can get them to *do* everything, as in performing actions, but yes, splitting them up or even telling some poor soul with one red blip of health that he may concede point would be handy. However, I just accept it along with the rest of the console-version streamlining, for the sake of pace and complexity. And they have been clever: I love how much deeper the gameplay becomes the instant you learn intelligent use of the 'Zulu' modifier. Bravo!

One "booo!" for R6 though: last night, as rarely happens, I surprised a terrorist and he surrendered to me. After handcuffing him -- just to test the game's freedom you understand -- I shot him. Then again, and again, but damn it, the bullets pass right through as if he wasn't there. I say again: "Boooo!"

Bowser, not to state the bleedin' obvious, but wouldn't Sierra's own SWAT: Global Strike Team on Xbox be exactly what you're looking for, since it is indeed part of the SWAT series? I still plan to get that myself, although reviews haven't been nearly as positive. Bet you can shoot the handcuffed folk in that...

Comment

You really are the most twisted person, I can't believe they let you write for a magazine!

There are issues with the game that prevent it from being a real classic, but it is so enjoyable taking point yourself and this tends to minimize the flaws of team AI or lack of team control. I can't wait to try this coop, that should be almost up to Halo standards.

I've yet to use Zulu commands for any real reason, perhaps only when I wanted to throw the flashbang but was too scared to infiltrate the room myself. It worked a treat, you'll be pleased to know.

Can't wait to try this agian tonight, when I actually get to leave work

Comment

Well, until I decided to turn my back on it all and move out here, can you believe they even let me have my own magazine?

The most basic use of Zulu: two doors to one room. Set your team to open & clear on zulu, get yourself round to the other door, give the order, move in at the same time catching the enemy from two angles. You'll see how important this becomes when you reach the oil rig tonight.

One Q: not to impertinently question the almighty board, but why aren't we doing this in the other R6 thread, which you blessed so with your "Official" titling?

Comment

Working...
                                X