Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite Remaster on the Citadel

Comment

I've ordered this via PSN. I already had some credit so it was cheaper for me to top that up than to buy the game elsewhere outright. Looking forward to replaying ME2 and 3 and perservering with the original again.

I was annoyed for a second as I ended up 50p short of the price but I ordered 1 month of EA Play for £3.99, cancelled the recurring subscription and being a member let me knock the price of the game down by £6

Comment

Just picked this up on ps4 to play on ps5. Never played any of the titles before so looking forward to the space adventure

Comment

Forgot how cool the music is in these games. Having a lot of fun even on ME1.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
            Just picked this up on ps4 to play on ps5. Never played any of the titles before so looking forward to the space adventure
            If you find it frustrating, I strongly recommend (1) playing as the soldier class and (2) playing it on Easy.

(1) because the support abilities etc. (especially in Mass Effect 1) all pale in comparison to just being better with the guns; in particular your teammates are useless so healing them is a waste of time.

(2) because, and this might divide people... The combat just isn't that good. Like, it's fiiiine, and by ME3 had become decent enough, but if it were an action game I don't think the series would've taken off.

I think I played it on Medium in the finish, but only after restarting ME1 and picking the soldier class, which made the game so much easier.

The new version might have fixed these problems, though. I seem to recall that the PS3 version of ME3 (which was part of a trilogy release) was a complete remake of ME1 in the engine for ME2, and I assume the new version uses that... So maybe it isn't as ropey as the original in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              If you find it frustrating, I strongly recommend (1) playing as the soldier class and (2) playing it on Easy.

(1) because the support abilities etc. (especially in Mass Effect 1) all pale in comparison to just being better with the guns; in particular your teammates are useless so healing them is a waste of time.

(2) because, and this might divide people... The combat just isn't that good. Like, it's fiiiine, and by ME3 had become decent enough, but if it were an action game I don't think the series would've taken off.

I think I played it on Medium in the finish, but only after restarting ME1 and picking the soldier class, which made the game so much easier.

The new version might have fixed these problems, though. I seem to recall that the PS3 version of ME3 (which was part of a trilogy release) was a complete remake of ME1 in the engine for ME2, and I assume the new version uses that... So maybe it isn't as ropey as the original in that regard.
              Thanks for the tips Not sure why I never played this as I've got it installed on my ps3 and on physical on xbox 360.

Comment

I have mass effect games on pc, 360, ps3 and wiiu but never really got into them. I should try the pc one again with asura recommendations

Comment

101 GB on the PS5 sheesh wish Sony would hurry up and activate the NVMe port.

Comment

Have to say im pretty disappointed with this and glad i didn't buy it.

No native ps5/seriesx version.
                    Tons of bugs still prevalent left over from original releases.
                    Doesn't really look that amazing as a remaster.
                    Sound is rubbish.
                    Cant separate the games for install purposes to save space.

Big meh from me.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                      Have to say im pretty disappointed with this and glad i didn't buy it.

No native ps5/seriesx version.
                      Tons of bugs still prevalent left over from original releases.
                      Doesn't really look that amazing as a remaster.
                      Sound is rubbish.
                      Cant separate the games for install purposes to save space.

Big meh from me.
                      I think it looks pretty decent on next gen. Hits 4K60 for the most part though I think the 120fps mode on Series X is a bit pointless here.

I do like that they've overhauled the gunplay in the first game to more closely match the sequels as that was really necessary.

Sure it isn't a full remaster but it's a decent upgrade for sure. I do wish they offered a discount to those that own all three originals. I don't think I can bring myself to re-buy full price but I might grab it cheap in 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                        for the most part
                        Should really be "way more than 60, all the time, getting down to maybe 80 when it's at its very busiest because it's a pretty old game" though.

Comment

Just seems like a quick a dirty port to be honest, the finished item. Certainly not full price worth.

Comment

I got it, not started it though, just by making ME1 decently playable it's a winner

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                              Just seems like a quick a dirty port to be honest, the finished item. Certainly not full price worth.
                              Yeah if it was a full remaster I think the price might be warranted. It still looks hugely improved by there's only so much to can achieve... Based off the digital foundry analysis they felt it was too hard moving it to UE4 but I kinda wish they had for the asking price.

It's still a game I'll probably pick up when it drops below 20 quid

Comment

Also should be completely bug free by now as well, its 3 gens old now, hence my quick and dirty comment.
                                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 18-05-2021, 18:09.

Comment

Working...
                                X