Overwatch - new Blizzard FPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overwatch - new Blizzard FPS

A new FPS from Blizzard. Obviously comparisons with TF2 but likely to be built for competitive gaming. Looks really decent and I Like the clean bright colours.

Beta sign up: http://eu.battle.net/overwatch/en/
    Last edited by charlesr; 07-11-2015, 08:58.

Thread merge! Ono beat me to it

Blizzard first new series in 17 years will release a Beta in 2015. The game is an online FPS and the studio has released a trailer showcasing the characters/classes available:

Two teams of 6 players face off in a Team Fortress-esque competitive shooter where there is no Death Match modes, every mode is focused on objectives with the idea being to reduce the amount of dying and respawning you would experience in rival FPS series.

Blizzard also showed off a cinematic trailer:

You can sign up for a chance of accessing the Beta here:

Overwatch 2 is a free-to-play, team-based action game set in the optimistic future, where every match is the ultimate 5v5 battlefield brawl. Play as a time-jumping freedom fighter, a beat-dropping battlefield DJ, or one of over 30 other unique heroes as you battle it out around the globe.

No mention of formats so assummedly Blizzard is sticking with PC only

Comment

My own personal concern is that 6v6 is too little for me these days in an age where I play 32v32 BF4.

Would like them to at least take it up to 12v12 which lends itself to more tactical play rather than everyone rushing around.

Amazing production values though. Going to show my little one the cartoon

Comment

6v6 is fine on well made maps, just need to look to Halo and Destiny for well done low count MP content, and if there trying to ape the MOBA style special's and traits (similar to Destiny) then the smaller the number then better, to many special attacks in one pot doesn't work.

Comment

They made Team Fortress 3 then. Pass from me.

Comment

Blizzard's team-based shooter Overwatch is not free-to-play, as many had expected, but a full price game. It's out spri…

Confirmed as a full price release on all formats.

Comment

Looks great

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-for-overwatch

Confirmed as a full price release on all formats.
                I was honestly expecting this to be free-to-play; I doubt I'll play it now unless I hear overwhelming positivity.

Comment

So the rumour doing the rounds for it is that the date has been leaked as 24th of May, due to IGN accidentally updating their banner ads too soon.

However, the flip side of this is that their open-beta date was leaked, and it seems to be carrying on ActiBlizz's policy of "aggressive" release dates by being the same day as the release for 2K's similar title, Battleborn. If that ends up being true, that's a sure sign they're going to try and assassinate that competing product.

Comment

New map is like a Blizzard theme park. Really cool idea. Fits right into the bold colours and environments for Overwatch.

Comment

Interesting looking back at the original trailers. Like Baston having a shield during chain gun mode.

Comment

OMG. I've been promoted to Gold!
                        2007 points. First time. Started season at 1800 and then played game after game of awesomeness.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                          OMG. I've been promoted to Gold!
                          2007 points. First time. Started season at 1800 and then played game after game of awesomeness.
                          Do you get any bling for that? In WoW you could only get the best shoulder armour, thus completing your set, when hitting 2k rating.

Comment

Hah, nope. You get more CP at the end of the season though. Very close to getting enough to afford a bling golden gun.

Comment

New coop modes. Retribution and more uprising

Comment

Working...
                              X