No announcement yet.

Bordersdown Vinyl/Record Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know the answer to your question about Diamond D's first lp but it was one of my faves. Was a big DITC fan. There was a point I think when the UMCs (not Ultramagnetics) first album was going for a lot in cassette form but I had taped over it... Speaking of which I don't know what happened to my tape of Raekwons OB4CL known as the purple tape. I don't really listen to rap any more.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
      I don't know the answer to your question about Diamond D's first lp but it was one of my faves. Was a big DITC fan. There was a point I think when the UMCs (not Ultramagnetics) first album was going for a lot in cassette form but I had taped over it... Speaking of which I don't know what happened to my tape of Raekwons OB4CL known as the purple tape. I don't really listen to rap any more.
      I have the same Raekwon cassette myself I also got the early purple sleeve promo too. Talking of cassettes I have a weird, official Ghostface tape with a different version of the infamous Box in Hand Promo - just has a different intro and outro, but pretty cool I guess.
      3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Ive heard both versions of Box in Hand but don't remember an alternate intro.

This remix or og version of Mobb Deeps Streetlife is also banned from discogs. It's a bootleg I think but not sure. The other record I linked was an official promo I think so I'm confused.

Comment

Record Store Day purchases. Two new and a few old.

Comment

No record day in Japan but I did pick up Trans X Living on Video original 12"

Comment

Not sure who that is. I'll go google.

Comment

My vinyl-loving friend bought some Record Store Day exclusives including the soundtrack to The Omega Man, which only had 1000 pressings.

Comment

My only record store at pick up was, of course, life is strange related.

Comment

My mate got that too, but I didn't know what it was, so thanks, FF!

Comment

One of my vinyl holy grails arrived yesterday - Katamari Damacy! On fancy coloured swirly records. It sounds amazing too.

Comment

Originally posted by kellog7 View Post
                        One of my vinyl holy grails arrived yesterday - Katamari Damacy! On fancy coloured swirly records. It sounds amazing too.

It was my vinyl-loving friend's birthday and me and a couple of other friends clubbed together for a present.
                        I spun him a yarn about how I'd joined a vinyl forum and started asking people what their "grail" record was, then I had to sign up to a rare vinyl webstore in the States just to get hold of the record.

He was impressed at the lengths I'd gone to for him and opened the present with excited curiosity.

Until he saw this:

Thankfully, I'd also printed some custom labels with him on one side and Mondo vouchers on the other!

He used those vouchers to also get the Katamari soundtrack, [MENTION=5919]kellog7[/MENTION]!

He put the joke record on and I quite liked it! It made me feel like I was at the seaside.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          It was my vinyl-loving friend's birthday and me and a couple of other friends clubbed together for a present.
                          I spun him a yarn about how I'd joined a vinyl forum and started asking people what their "grail" record was, then I had to sign up to a rare vinyl webstore in the States just to get hold of the record.

He was impressed at the lengths I'd gone to for him and opened the present with excited curiosity.

Until he saw this:

Thankfully, I'd also printed some custom labels with him on one side and Mondo vouchers on the other!

He used those vouchers to also get the Katamari soundtrack, @kellog7!

He put the joke record on and I quite liked it! It made me feel like I was at the seaside.
                          Nice! Unfortunately and despite knowing that this was coming out, I didn't sign up on Mondo for an email notification for when the sale went live, and apparently it sold out in minutes. I did however manage to grab a copy from a Discogs seller who didn't want an arm and a leg for it.

Comment

I do love a bit of video game vinyl, saw that Data Discs who do some great Sega/SNK stuff have signed up with Capcom, so looking forward to some possible Resident Evil, Mega Man vinyl appearing one day.

I also managed to order the two remaining RSD vinyl I wanted but couldn’t get in my local, I’ll take a pic when I get them delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                              My only record store at pick up was, of course, life is strange related.

I had no idea that was available nor that Daughter were behind the music. ****nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by AlanM View Post
                                I had no idea that was available nor that Daughter were behind the music. ****nuts.
                                It made me get up a stupid o clock (7am for 8am store opening!!) and stand in a queue as I didn’t think it would have copies left online, luckily enough there was enough desirable Bowie and various other stuff this could sneak under. Glad my local indie got it though and gladly gave them the cash.

If your UK based, banquet records have some stock left online.

Double LP: £23.99 - This is an exclusive release for Record Store Day 2018. Clear vinyl double LP in a gatefold sleeve. First physical release for Daughter's atmospheric…

Says they have 46 left.
                                Last edited by Family Fry; 05-05-2018, 12:21.

Comment

Working...
                                X