No announcement yet.

Bordersdown Vinyl/Record Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So as you know I watch the repeats of Top Of The Pops every week then go shopping on Yahoo Auctions. It honestly feels like I'm back in time. Watch something on TOTP then just go and buy it. So cool. Anyway, last week we were up to August 1986 which featured Jaki Graham in the charts with Breaking Away. The single here in Japan is fairly expensive but I did manage to get a lovely condition copy of the album for the same price

Comment

Japanese band The Pillows got some limited release vinyl, so I had to pick them up. The first one arrived this morning:

Comment

The Pillows? What type of music is that?

Comment

If you can imagine a Japanese take on Britpop era bands you're halfway there. They did the soundtrack for the FLCL anime:

Comment

Yep, it's me again so you know that means more 80s pop. This time with an immaculate copy of Kim Wilde's Another Step.

Yep, features great tracks such as You Keep Me Hanging On and Say you really want me plus that one with Jr. What ever happened to him?

Comment

Quite a coincidence today. Wax - Bridge to your heart from 1987 arrived. The same week that hit the charts the Pet Shop Boys had It's a Sin leaving the top 40 while their collaboration with Dusty Springfield was a new entry at No.10. Today their brand new EP - Agenda EP arrived. Not their best work but I do really like the track, Social Media. Just sums up the world these days.

Also another Pet Shop Boys item. Fundamental album Japanese promotion copy. The white label on the back and inner ring say it's a promo copy. Also has I'm with Stupid video on the CD starting Little Britain.

Comment

Let's resurrect the thread with more Pet Shop Boys :P

Dreamland 12" and one from 1988, Tanita Tikaram's Twist in my Sobriety

And what's this? A brand new single on 7" record? Pet Shop Boys - Burning the Heather

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like Yakumo1975.
                Last edited by Yakumo; 18-12-2019, 12:46.

Comment

Ordered the latest Pet Shop Boys album (Hot Spot) months ago before it was even named. First orders came with a signed album cover print

Comment

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!!
                    POWER UP!

It's been a while since anyone posted their records, so here we go with one I bought just for a single track.
                    I love the movie Stir Crazy as well as the end credits track "Nothings Gonna Stop Us Now" by Kiki Dee. Now I'm not a Kiki Dee fan but I do love this track. So off to Amazon music unlimited HD or whatever they call it now. Not a single Kiki Dee album or best of (which there are many of) had this track.

So out of pure curiosity I searched for the Stir Crazy soundtrack on Yahoo Auctions and bugger me, it was actually released in Japan! Got a mint copy from 1980 for 1500 yen. I'm happy with that.

The liner notes are also still present. I love these as they give a glimpse in to the movie.

Here's a Google translate of a section of the Liner notes.
                    Last edited by Yakumo; 06-03-2024, 14:57.

Comment

Working...
                    X