No announcement yet.

Bordersdown Vinyl/Record Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was a present from my Brother, He met Mark after the gig, some lovely photos with him and got me a signed record.
    (I was poorly at the time, so didn't go. When my bro came round the next day and gave me it, I was so chuffed!)

Its a decent record too...although, I could be biased as I love the Bluetones, this is his 2nd solo record.

Comment

Japanese vinyl singles are of much higher quality than those I used to buy in the UK. That applies to both 7" and 12". The vinyl is thicker and packaged so well. As standard there's the outer plastic slip cover, fold open double sided cover, inner paper record sleeve and anti-static bag.

Comment

Cool. Yes I need to get a Japanese copy of The Kick Inside. The UK copies have awful sibilance.

Comment

I Wish I had the money at the time when someone on the forum was selling a Darius (as in the video game series) Soundtrack.
          On Vinyl of course

Comment

Gotta love those massive spine cards. Mmm.

Comment

This is something I can sink my teeth into, shamefully I dont have a turntable at the minute though I have a large collection of 70's/80's albums, here's a few starter treats:

Sheila E - Romance 1600 & the matching tour on Laserdisc

Bootleg Serious Moonlght 3 x LP set:

Comment

Nice socks!

Comment

Literally all my socks are food related apart from some Ninja Turtles ones.

Comment

Yeah, a lot of my Japanese vinyl has those spine cards. I've even got a few Italian pop and UK Stock Aiken & Waterman 12" that had Japanese presses also complete with the massive spines.

Japanese press of Pepsi & Sherlie's Goodbye Stranger. Same content as the UK 12" but now on thicker vinyl and better packing.

Japanese press of the Italian Fun Fun's Bala Bolero.

Picture disc on very thick vinyl but sounds bloody awful. Do all picture discs sound like crap? This one is mint so it's certainly not because it has been played a billion times. Still, very pretty to look at.

Comment

Good thread, love vinyl.

It's right what's been said you don't need to spend a fortune on a deck, I have a Roksan Kandy amp and CD player with decent KEF floor standers but only spent about ?150 on my Project deck and it's very good indeed.

Anyway here are some randoms out of my collection including one of my more embarrassing purchases as a kid a Howard Jones picture disc baby!

Comment

Excellent white boys and heroes is one of my fave Numan tracks.

Comment

Some lovely pictures
                          My turntable should be here today/Tuesday, i'll update thread with pictures (this will be my 3rd budget pioneer deck)

I have enough money to buy a new record when I go town later on in the week, so i'll update thread with what I buy.

I have comedown machine by the Strokes on order at amazon. Then that's me just about broke again!

I also want to buy the Teddy Bears Sing on Vinyl, discogs have a Japanese release with obi/spine. (80's re-release I think) original record was a mono late 50's. Been listening to some of the songs (mostly covers) and its nice and laid back and the female singer has such a beautiful voice.

I've been meaning to buy licensed to ill for a while, I originally bought it on cassette whilst at school. (nice pics Neil)

My local HMV has been expanding their vinyl section since I've been buying vinyl, it has quite a good selection, when I 1st started buying they had a small shelf, now they have that, and around 4 different sections (all together) of beautiful vinyl records.

I own some of what they sell on the original releases, McCartney/lennon solo for e.g

Its nice to go in there though as there are a genuine good show of records for sale.
                          Last edited by ShadowDancer; 25-11-2014, 03:04.

Comment

I've taken a few photos, but the quality is poor, so i'll just post one :-

I'm running it through a sansui amp and mordaunt pageant speakers, sounds pretty amazing tbh.

Last edited by ShadowDancer; 28-11-2014, 18:10.

Comment

How much did that set you back?

Comment

?125 for turntable, 70's JVC Amp (which is faulty, sadly), Pioneer tuner.
                                The main part I wanted (as it was a bundle auction) was the turntable and the deck is in beautiful condition and it does play lovely :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X