Bordersdown Vinyl/Record Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bordersdown Vinyl/Record Club

I know a few of us here buy records from the recent poll.
    How about we post pictures and/or links of music we buy in here.

I personally made the switch to vinyl about 2-3 years ago and I've never looked back.
    I enjoy buying new releases as well as tons of stuff from the 60's 70's 80's e.t.c!

I'm not limited or tied to one set genre personally, I love loads of music including modern pop (marina & the diamonds for e.g.)

I wont bombard this thread with everything I own, but I do want to post this.

The Turntable isn't here yet (Tuesday) but I've nabbed a nice pic off the net of it, to show you. (same model as I bought)

I can't wait for it to arrive, should be here Tuesday, then i'll update with actual pictures of turntable.

I'll post a few pictures of some of my records to get the ball rolling :-)

Welcome my fellow Vinyl Collectors...I'm hoping to discover records I wouldn't of thought of buying Xx

(Please can this be moved into Music section.....Sorry)

Comment

I would love a record collection but I can't really justify it right now. I only own 3 records and I've never used any as I don't have a player. My dad used to have lots of classic bollywood soundtracks on record and other Indian artists but I don't know what happened to them all.

I currently own Utadas First Love and Fly Me to the Moon and Sister Sledges We are Family which has my all time favourite song Thinking of You.

I'd love to get my hands on the rest of Utadas albums released on Vinyl and some other bits and pieces here and there.

Comment

I buy a lot of records but I'm not in to what is classed as "cool" so I'll have the piss taken out of me if I do post any pictures. I have a lot of anime vinyl too.

Comment

Last 3 buys.

Comment

And my weapon of choice:

Comment

I haven't had a working turntable in years and I keep meaning to change that. Many, many years ago I saw the documentary Scratch and learning to scratch and mix has been on my to-do list ever since. Haven't done it. But I do have a pretty decent collection of interesting vinyl. It's all in boxes and I'm not even sure what I have other than knowing there is quite a bit of surf guitar in there. But I do have pics of the two favourite pieces of my collection. First up, this from 1978...

And then this which I think is the 1973 reissue of a 1964 record. At least I don't think it's the 1964 version, although Amazon lists this exact cover as the 1964 one...

Comment

Some lovely pictures :-) Love this thread already. Lets keep it active.

Comment

Used to have a Rotel TT when I lived with my ex. She had a decent sized collect, I only had Rage Against the Machine's self titled album and Drumized by DJ Scotch Egg. Used to be pretty fun browsing LPs in Soho.

She still has my LPs but I'm sure she'd post them to me if I ever did decide to get a TT myself. My local HMV has NWAs Straight Outta Compton and The Bones of What You Believe by Chvrches in which did make me sort of want one again.

A Technics SL1200 would be nice but it looks like they've gone up in price three fold since I last looked.

Comment

Finding a 1200 that hasn't seen a trillion hours of action in a club will be tough! Unless you want to actually try cutting and scratching there's not much point. Plenty of new tables that'll do a better job of playing your vinyl than the Technics.

Comment

You're probably right yeah. My friend got some Project jobby that seems to work well.

Comment

I got really into vinyl a couple of years ago, and went on a bit of a buying spree, and got a blinding deal on a B&O Beosystem, which I adore. They were design perfection in my eyes.

Unfortunately I'm currently in between flats at the moment, so the system is boxed up and vinyl unplayed. Plus i sold a few records during the move clear out. Looking forward to a new flat in January and getting it all set up again.

Heres a photo of when I first got it, appallingly just sat on the floor for its first few weeks.

Comment

I can't tell if that's modern or vintage.

Comment

It's a Beosystem 5000, 1983 model I believe, and (touch wood) was still working perfectly when stored.

Comment

Ah right, looks classy.

Comment

Working...
                              X