No announcement yet.

Bordersdown Vinyl/Record Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought Daughter's album from Juno. About £23 with postage which i thought fair at today's ridiculous vinyl prices.

Expected more reference to the game though, both visually and musically.

Courtney Barnett, White Denim and Father John Misty all on pre-order at the moment. Wanted that Janelle Monae new one but it's cd or digital only at the moment.

Comment

More hits of 1985 for me the past week.
      Maria Vidal - Body Rock 12 inch single
      Trans X - Living on Video 12 inch original Japanese release
      Jaki Graham - Round and Around 7"

Body Rock is a promo from capitol record. The return request is actually pressed in to the sleave with gold paint. I've not seen that before. It also plays at 33.1/3 speed which is odd for a 12 inch single. They normally play at the same speed as a 7 inch single.
      Last edited by Yakumo; 13-05-2018, 15:45.

Comment

1985 is still here. Kate Bush - Running up that hill.

Quite a strange 7" single this one as it comes in a double gatefold cover but only contains 1 record. I wonder if there was originally a poster in the other side?

Last edited by Yakumo; 19-05-2018, 06:01.

Comment

More from 1985 with this excellent dance track from Colonel Abrams - Trapped

Comment

You really do like your 80s

Comment

Saw an old top of the pops last weekend where Peter Powell repeatedly called him Colonel Abrahams. It annoyed me more than it ought to have.

Comment

Originally posted by AlanM View Post
                You really do like your 80s
                I sure do. I love 80's music the most.

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                Saw an old top of the pops last weekend where Peter Powell repeatedly called him Colonel Abrahams. It annoyed me more than it ought to have.
                Yeah, I saw that too. What a twerp
                You may notice that I end up with a lot of the records which have just recently been shown on the Top of the Pops reruns. I watch them here in Japan.

Comment

Unfortunately TOTP2 is limited now due to most of its presenters being in prison.

Comment

Originally posted by AlanM View Post
                    Unfortunately TOTP2 is limited now due to most of its presenters being in prison.
                    Most? I thought only Jimmy Savael was the issue. I do notice sometimes they seem to miss out a week. There was one show in 84 where Howard Jones preformed in a train Station. The BBC didn't show that one but I managed to find it from another source. That had Jimmy hosting it.

Comment

Anyone hosting totp now would have to have their hands held in the air throughout i imagine.

Comment

Picked up the new Deafheaven album this morning. Loving it & can't wait to see them in October.

Comment

Free image hosting and sharing service, upload pictures, photo host. Offers integration solutions for uploading images to forums.

Killer 70s jazz vibes, remastered from the original 24bit/96khz master tapes

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                            https://ibb.co/dTDYUp

Killer 70s jazz vibes, remastered from the original 24bit/96khz master tapes
                            I love the cover to that Blazing Magnum, dvdx2.

More 80's stuff from me. Maybe a bit more tasteful to some compared to what I normally post. Great album, David Bowie's Let'S Dance.

I love buying used records in stores here. They almost always look brand new.

Comment

Free image hosting and sharing service, upload pictures, photo host. Offers integration solutions for uploading images to forums.

Comment

Finally, managed to get a copy. Hooray for reprints.

Comment

Working...
                                X