Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New speccy - its not April fools day is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New speccy - its not April fools day is it?

The Sinclair Spectrum Vega will come with 1,000 built-in games and will cost under £100 – if it gets enough pledges on Indiegogo.

Will set you back ?100 as that's the tier that you can get it at, sure some of the money goes to charity but at ?100 it's way too much, especially as the build quality of spectrum stuff was not exactly brilliant to start with.

I'll stick to my copy of spectaculator on pc i think.

Comment

I read this earlier. I hope the C5 comes back too!

Comment

If it had a screen (and was therefore a handheld) I'd snap this up. As it doesn't, I'm out.

Comment

I'm in for one of these systems. The power of nostalgia compels me. Plus I'd like to try some Speccy homebrew to see how far the old system has been pushed. It'll be good to play stuff like Chronos, Chuckie Egg and Myth again.

Comment

Originally posted by tomato View Post
            If it had a screen (and was therefore a handheld) I'd snap this up. As it doesn't, I'm out.
            Xperia Play FTW!

Comment

There's plenty of Android Spectrum emulators out there I'm sure.

Re the kickstarter, the lact of a full keyboard rules out a lot of the RPG's, and Monkey Island etc I would think?

Comment

Yep, I seem to remember a lot of Spectrum games having a lot of commands and weird button layouts too so there does seem like a chance that the lack of buttons could be a real problem.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  Xperia Play FTW!

That's pretty cool, does it have keyboard support for those non joystick games?

The one i use is for the DS is ZXDS it's pretty awesome and uses the other screen for the keyboard. Also a nice touch is if you don't press anything on the bottom screen for a while it turns itself off so you can concentrate on the top screen. The DS screen is so nice with it as there is no stretching as it's literally 1:1 ratio.

That other thing may be made by Clive but i'm afraid there are already far superior versions already here for free, pretty much the main use of my flashcart nowdays.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                    That's pretty cool, does it have keyboard support for those non joystick games?

The one i use is for the DS is ZXDS it's pretty awesome and uses the other screen for the keyboard. Also a nice touch is if you don't press anything on the bottom screen for a while it turns itself off so you can concentrate on the top screen. The DS screen is so nice with it as there is no stretching as it's literally 1:1 ratio.

That other thing may be made by Clive but i'm afraid there are already far superior versions already here for free, pretty much the main use of my flashcart nowdays.
                    That's freaking amazing.
                    Can you hit me up with some details when you have a mo?

I can see my DS finally getting some more use with that on it...I do miss my speccy

Comment

Yeah sure, the creators website is here http://zxds.raxoft.cz/ it will pretty much tell you how to install and use it. The tricky bit will be getting hold of a DS flashcart nowdays, not been on the scene in years so i have no idea what the current situation is for DS.

Comment

Yeah sure, the creators website is here http://zxds.raxoft.cz/ it will pretty much tell you how to install and use it. The tricky bit will be getting hold of a DS flashcart nowdays, not been on the scene in years so i have no idea what the current situation is for DS.
                        Thanks man...already got one
                        Had an Acekard for years but barely use it...not much love for my DS if I'm brutally honest...precious little made me happy I actually ever got one.

Thanks again, time to do some reading

Comment

Those cards can be bought directly from China easily and cheaply. Just make sure you pay via a credit card so you're covered if anything does go wrong.

Comment

Ah so DS cards are still available, that's good to know in case mine dies on me, mine is a really old Supercard DSOne i'm amazed it's still running tbh.

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                            Thanks man...already got one
                            Had an Acekard for years but barely use it...not much love for my DS if I'm brutally honest...precious little made me happy I actually ever got one.

Thanks again, time to do some reading
                            If you get stuck just let us know, but it's pretty easy to get running. It's a great litle emulator and packed with features.

Comment

If you get stuck just let us know, but it's pretty easy to get running. It's a great litle emulator and packed with features.
                              Thanks man will do.
                              Going to have a go at it over the weekend, looking forward to it

Comment

Working...
                              X