Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
    https://www.polygon.com/2018/12/6/18...nsored-content

On 11 December SFV will introduce adverts to the game showing sponsored content. Players can disable the ads but doing so will slow the rate at which you accrue Fight Money to the stock rate

100% against this.
    When I read your post I was like "Hell No!!!!" then I read the article and I thought hmmm actually thats not bad, except for the loading screen add, even though it stats this will not affect loadtimes I say bull as the loadtimes are already well below optimal.

Comment

There have been a few things of late I've liked with Capcom but everything with SFV continues to rub me the wrong way. Even though the delivery is probably done the best way they could do it this is corporate advertising sponsorship within a game already revolving around a full price purchase and potentially for loyal fans four season passes so far and additional DLC transactions to keep pace.

Gamers can just disable it but it literally adds nothing of real benefit for the user (and arguably penalises those who don't want their game spoiled by ads). It's literally just pocket lining from Capcom. Honestly, SF5 has always been a troubled game but for all the decent stuff elsewhere in their line up I feel Capcom has done real lasting damage to the Street Fighter brand this gen.

Comment

Heh, I just saw Chun Li's "training costume" last night:

... but they edited out Mika's buttslap?

Comment

Well Mika comes with the base game so you already own that, they’re free to censor it. Now you can buy the new hotness, totally risqué skin and enjoy it to your heart’s content!

Comment

Originally posted by wargame View Post
            When I read your post I was like "Hell No!!!!" then I read the article and I thought hmmm actually thats not bad, except for the loading screen add, even though it stats this will not affect loadtimes I say bull as the loadtimes are already well below optimal.
            The load times are noticeable at times (and certainly when starting the game up). What I'd like to know is what amount of bonus FM a player will receive if they turn these options on? If it doubles the amount of FM I'll play ball as it'll make accruing the currency less arduous. I've already seen someone joke about sticking with the Urien loincloth getup if its branded with the Capcom Cup logo
            Last edited by Paddy; 07-12-2018, 14:22.

Comment

Seems it's mostly Capcom-related ads, not for Mr. Sheen or something like that. Not yet, anyway.

I'm intrigued by the idea of sponsors on clothing, though. And I think it would be cool if the ads were integrated into the game so as to make it look like sports on TV.

Comment

I don’t know. I keep picturing that scene from one of the Nightmare on Elm Streets where the dog pees fire on Freddy’s buried remains only the remains here are what was once good about Street Fighter and the dog is Capcom.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  I don’t know. I keep picturing that scene from one of the Nightmare on Elm Streets where the dog pees fire on Freddy’s buried remains only the remains here are what was once good about Street Fighter and the dog is Capcom.
                  Okay that genuinely made me laugh out loud.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                    I'm intrigued by the idea of sponsors on clothing, though. And I think it would be cool if the ads were integrated into the game so as to make it look like sports on TV.
                    Not too fond of either of these things for Street Fighter. I think it's because the game is already not trying to be like reality.

Then again the idea itself is fine. I mean when you think about it, FIFA already does it in a static way, with advertising on player kit and stadium hoardings - but these things match the experience of watching real-world football.

I guess televised boxing has some advertising.

Comment

oh those absolute cheeky gits, thought i would try and earn some easy FM by completing trials to level up characters i have not got yet....guess what cannot happen progress is not carried on

Comment

There's an article over on EventHubs that explains how the ads work when enabled. The maximum you can earn per match when they're all active is (drum roll) - 12FM...

...so there's virtually no point in enabling them unless you literally want some in-game pocket change.

I certainly get the feeling this benefits the company and not the player here. Whatever announcement Capcom has at the CPT Finals for a potential season 4 or whatever better be amazing after this sub-par addition to the game.

Comment

No real announcement about season 4 other then they are doing it differently this year and the reveal of a new character. No mention of a season pass either.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Comment

By doing it differently I'm taking that as it being like the late days of Killer Instinct. Additional fighters that build to a Season Pass rather than offering one up front, if it looks like interest is poor then Capcom can sever further development without having pre-emptively promised X amount. The new fighter Kage reeks of it too.

SF5 is at this point now:

Kage should have been a loyalty freebie to sign off the game then rest it till next gen.

Comment

Based entirely off the 2 min intro video that they've shared, Kage is underwhelming on a very large scale. I don't think any SF game has ever suffered a lack of shotos, and Evil-er Ryu does not help that fatigue in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                                Based entirely off the 2 min intro video that they've shared, Kage is underwhelming on a very large scale. I don't think any SF game has ever suffered a lack of shotos, and Evil-er Ryu does not help that fatigue in any way.
                                Strong agree.

What is the point of Kage?

Comment

Working...
                                X