Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would love a new Capcom Vs Snk game!

Comment

Luke is your next SFV character. He punches and kicks.

Interestingly (maybe), he actually might be someone plucked from a past cancelled Capcom game called Fighting All Stars...

Comment

Not surprised by a new fighter being the last one, more so that they bill him as a major one moving forward and he looks utter **** design wise. Still, glad to finally see SFV get put to pasture so they can knock out a complete edition at the end of the year inevitably and move on to more interesting projects.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post

Interestingly (maybe), he actually might be someone plucked from a past cancelled Capcom game called Fighting All Stars...
          Weird... Kickboxer, fireballs that look a bit like Sonic Booms...

Couldn't he have just been DeeJay?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            Weird... Kickboxer, fireballs that look a bit like Sonic Booms...

Couldn't he have just been DeeJay?
            Nah. Harsh on DeeJay. He would've been preferable.

Luke looks SNK as feck. Totally underwhelming.

Comment

Ok they ticked the MMA box. He is probably a Street Fighter 6 character judging by the "sneak peek into the future of Street Fighter" comment.

Comment

I get all kinds of weird vibes from Luke - a little bit of Abel, a little bit of Ed, also lots of 'by the numbers MMA guy'. Can't say I'm particularly inspired by him, unfortunately. The way they're talking about him feels like how Alex was being put up as the main character of SF3 before they bottled it and dropped the shotos in.

Didn't watch the whole exhibition thing, but the air combos they've added just for Akira seem like a very weird late-in-the-day addition to the system, too. Have the team been fawning over GG's dust system lately or something?

I still think SFV is a really interesting game, and I really like watching it, but I've not been able to dedicate any real time to playing it for ages now.

Comment

Controversial view. SFV is my fave SF game.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                    I get all kinds of weird vibes from Luke - a little bit of Abel, a little bit of Ed, also lots of 'by the numbers MMA guy'. Can't say I'm particularly inspired by him, unfortunately. The way they're talking about him feels like how Alex was being put up as the main character of SF3 before they bottled it and dropped the shotos in.
                    I guess there's a "be careful what you wish for" thing, though. I don't play V, but I remember seeing some daft looking Uncle Sam-style bloke, and just thinking that when Capcom go off-piste, sometimes we get Hakan, sometimes we get... Well, Uncle Sam.

Comment

Uncle Sam (G) is actually a decent character. He's president of the world and has some kind of animated gold world map that scroll across his skin!

Comment

It does seem to be the case that he's a reheated/reworked version of Rook from Capcom Fighting All Stars. That game was worked on by ex-SNK staffers too apparently, hence the SNK vibe with him.

Comment

"We're not sure how people will respond to our new lead character for Street Fighter VI, what should we do?"
                          "Drop him SFV as end of life DLC and see how the community responds"
                          "Okay"

LAUNCHING 2023 - STREET FIGHTER VI
                          "Ryu and Ken face off once again in the challenge to defeat Shadaloo!"

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post

LAUNCHING 2023 - STREET FIGHTER VI
                            "Ryu and Ken face off once again in the challenge to defeat Shadaloo!"
                            If Luke is the best that the SF development team can come up with in a post-Yoshinori Ono era, then it really doesn't bode well at all for SFVI.

Comment

When i saw luke ...i thought Steve from Tekken and wtf

Comment

Ok they ticked the MMA box. He is probably a Street Fighter 6 character judging by the "sneak peek into the future of Street Fighter" comment.
                                This seems to be a new approach by the dev. team by introducing a potential character from SF6 as the last character to be added to SF5 rather than announce the next numbered title and push Luke as the new protagonist. I know SNK was able to do it effectively with K' and Ash to a lesser extent but Kyo/Iori were always included to keep the fans happy (as Capcom will by adding Ryu and Ken, albeit perhaps older versions of themselves in SF6).

Initially I was a bit gutted the last character wasn't a guest crossover but I've adjusted to it being a new face if they are going to be pushed as an important character for the series going forwards. If the ongoing reaction is really bad Capcom can cut their losses and keep Ryu/Ken/Chun-Li and co. the main focus for SF6.
                                Last edited by Paddy; 07-08-2021, 15:46.

Comment

Working...
                                X