Street Fighter V (PS4/PC exclusive)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
    By doing it differently I'm taking that as it being like the late days of Killer Instinct. Additional fighters that build to a Season Pass rather than offering one up front, if it looks like interest is poor then Capcom can sever further development without having pre-emptively promised X amount. The new fighter Kage reeks of it too.

SF5 is at this point now:

Kage should have been a loyalty freebie to sign off the game then rest it till next gen.
    I think that's a fair conclusion to draw from it. And yes, Kage should have been offered as a free download (something like if you've got a save file for the original SFV, here's a new character that you can buy from the in-game Shop at no cost ). Its Capcom though who never passes up the opportunity to capitalise on something so that wouldn't happen sadly.

I'm not going to brake my code of unlocking characters with FM but its going to take me a while to build up the remaining 58,000FM to unlock Kage given Capcom's continuous throttling of the in-game currency.

I'm hoping the game will reach 40 characters for the roster but we'll have to set how the next year goes (I'd have thought character and costume releases have continued to be profitable for Capcom though?)

Comment

The stick in my TES+ has started playing up and I think it's time for a replacement, are these parts universal? I have been looking for tutorials and all I can find are ones for the the original SF4 sticks, part number Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT

Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, Capcom is still flogging the horse that is SFV with the long silence broken with the premature annoucealation that Lucia, E Honda and Poison will be available to buy from Aug 4th. A pass for all three hits the next day

Comment

Lucia looked incredibly generic to me honda and poison looked ok

Streetfighter V was odd though When i played the prerelease beta it was incredibly fun but with each update upto the final release It got nerfed a lot

And when they said "you can earn all characters in game" well now with the way Fight money was nerfed it would probably take months to earn enough for one character.

And they still have not fixed Kens Hair glitching through shoulder

Comment

I'm sure Capcom could probably throw out all sorts of figures about the game but I find it really hard not to see SF5 as one of this gens biggest failures

Comment

Don't take it the wrong way, but they're not really making the game to have the same broad-strokes appeal that SF2 had in the day. It's been their biggest push towards establishing Streetfighter as an eSport, releasing bits of the game in a piecemeal fashion, with season passes, regular balance alterations, and a solid schedule of well-covered major tournaments all year-round.

You might think it's rubbish, but it's still going to be a huge game at Evo this upcoming weekend, and in my opinion it's actually a very watchable game, even if I don't play much myself.

Comment

I definitely agree that they've pushed it to be a key esports game and it is perfectly fun when it comes to the gameplay but it's exactly that focus on esports that crippled the game from the outset. They rushed it out for the competitive events scene well before it was in a fit state, throttled its sales roof with a generation long exclusivity deal and instead of fostering good will like Ubi did with Seige they've nickel and dimed it ever since to keep the games financial head above water.

The game feels like a classic example of why developers and publishers need to take a big step back with events like Evo. It's popular but it's an after the fact benefit, it doesn't shift the units the games and particularly the genre needs.

Comment

Dunno if anyone has tried the Shadow Chun li battle.....but she has gone all Marvel vs capcom with combos and to be honest its very rage inducing.

Also really really really hate the idea that Currency to unlock characters you now use to "gamble" for each chance, to me that is a pretty lousy thing for capcom to do especially now actually earning characters with FM i think is pretty much impossible now

Comment

Saw a gif on Era which suggested she's mis-balanced in a way that E Honda repeatedly Super Headbutting her can spam her to an easy defeat

Comment

I wonder if that was set up so people would have to buy him :P not got any of the new season characters yet

Comment

New costumes coming and new fighters will be announced in Nov and Dec for Capcom Cup

Comment

Not played the game for a long while now, just lost all interest and Sonic Smackdown is scratching that fighting game itch

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                            Sonic Smackdown is scratching that fighting game itch
                            I know right Big surprise, that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                              I know right Big surprise, that one.
                              Oh it is awesome and found out the makers have there own original similar fighting game called Origin of Storms coming out on early access towards the end of the year

Comment

Is it a sequel to The Fighters?

Comment

Working...
                                X