No announcement yet.

Street Fighter V (PS4/PC exclusive)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It had the V-Triggers. I see what you mean. They weren't a solid mechanic that was shared equally. V-Triggers varied wildly.

Comment

I can't believe it's been five years, the last time I played SF5 was sometime after the last rerelease and there's no reason to feel like this but it still didn't feel right - like it was still incomplete somehow and I don't think it is I think the project has just damaged my perception of it so much since launch that I just can't enjoy it on the right terms anymore.

I pray to god Capcom full develops Street Fighter VI with the actual full market as focus this time, knocks out maybe 4-5 DLC fighters then looks at it and decides:

Comment

I really like V. I think I prefer it to IV. It's taken a while to get it to the massive roster it has as now though. 16 on release and after this next update, it will be 46.

Comment

I can't believe it's been five years of people - ok, mainly @Neon Ignition - complaining about the game being incomplete!

Comment

To be fair it took them three years to patch in an arcade mode

Comment

Seems a bit expensive for what you get tbh, Killer instinct started the season model but at least with that the base game was 20 bucks and the seasons were 20 bucks to so by the time the game was finished I had only paid as much as a full price game anyway

Comment

You make a really valid point and its a shame Capcom didn't follow the same model but they like to make high profits so it doesn't surprise me. I've got enough FM for two of the upcoming DLC characters already so I might just that and see what I can muster as the year goes on.

Comment

Just over an hour to the Spring Showcase

Comment

Akira Kazama from Rival Schools looks cool...

Comment

They should hurry up and announce Ultra Street Fighter V already to get it done with, reading Era was a bit reflective last night with it being a common theme of people liking what they saw but being so worn out by half a decade of drip-feeding. A 12 month road map is enough for any fighter... assuming it launches complete to begin with.

Comment

I play as one character and mostly sit in training mode with Casual/Ranked match up search running in the background. I also attend a Battle Lounge sesh every other night with friends. All these updates are usually nice optional bonus that pop up from time to time. Some nice updates like new V-Triggers have been cool. The latest V-Shift too. However, I can't say I'm tired and want the game to just be "done with". Personally, I'm happy to wait for the next SF game. For one, it might mean my main is absent from the new roster.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                          I play as one character and mostly sit in training mode with Casual/Ranked match up search running in the background. I also attend a Battle Lounge sesh every other night with friends. All these updates are usually nice optional bonus that pop up from time to time. Some nice updates like new V-Triggers have been cool. The latest V-Shift too. However, I can't say I'm tired and want the game to just be "done with". Personally, I'm happy to wait for the next SF game. For one, it might mean my main is absent from the new roster.
                          I do get what you mean but I think its good the game is getting one more round of characters rather than have to wait until SF6 for them to appear. Tbh I'd rather that Dan and Rose show up now and not be part of the starting roster for the next one.

I'm liking what I'm seeing for Rose, Oro and Akira. They all look like interesting additions to the roster and I'm more curious than ever to find out who the last character will be now.
                          Last edited by Paddy; 07-04-2021, 21:30.

Comment

Sorry, is you thought I wasnt into the updates. What I meant is that I'm all for them and I'm not getting tired of the game. I'm more than happy to get updates for the next couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                              Sorry, is you thought I wasnt into the updates. What I meant is that I'm all for them and I'm not getting tired of the game. I'm more than happy to get updates for the next couple of years.
                              Sorry if it came across that I misunderstood. I'll give it to Capcom that they've frequently updated SFV and its thankfully in a much better place than it was on release (I was one of the fans that was happy to have a new numbered SF title but I can't defend the state that SFV released in originally). Once would hope that if a SF6 gets announced they are careful to release a more feature-full title for its initial release.

On a more positive note, I'm looking forward to Rose being added this month and Oro/Akira being added during Summer. I'm going to hazard a guess that the last character will be a guest one and quite possibly from SNK's stable given that KOF XV is due for release this year and it's looking like it'll be Autumn at the earliest.

Comment

Online Capcom Pro Tour 2021 kicked off this weekend, just been catching up with Japan's top 8 today.

Constant evolution of the system and regular balance changes has meant I'm not able to keep up with playing, but as a spectator it's a great game to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X