Akiba'STrip: Undead and Undressed [PS4] - with video - review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Akiba'STrip: Undead and Undressed [PS4] - with video - review

Boom, 10 minutes of gameplay. Or as you'll see, running around the street(s) of Akihabara, enjoying next-gen loading times and last-gen camera angles.

I've played a couple of missions, and while I am still quite early on in the game, it hasn't really endeared itself to me.
    You are a man-made vampire after answering a job ad which offered to pay you in limited edition figurines. You are tasked with finding other "Synthisers", and fighting them enough to damage their clothes so you can strip them and leave them in the sunlight to dissolve. Yup.

Triangle attacked the headwear, circle the body, and cross the legs. Hold the button down to try and strip that piece of clothing. If you attack enough first, you can perform a strip combo and rip off more than one piece of clothing from more than one person. I'm going to try and play some more before condemning it completely.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

I've played a couple of hours and I'm not sure I'm feeling it. It is all kinds of bad anime trash and the combat is ok at best. I'll give it some more time to see if I like it. I at least like seeing places I've been in real life though.

Comment

The main draw for me was seeing places I knew, but when the world is cut up into such tiny pieces, and you spend so much time waiting for the next section, it just gets boring. Shame they couldn't actually make this next-gen.

Hitting it with the 4/10.

Comment

Bought this from kryss. Gonna try and complete it...

Comment

I would to try it but can't bring myself to buy it new

Comment

Released tomorrow on PS4 and I've got some trade ins to do- worth getting ?

Comment

I bought the Vita version at launch and within a fortnight it was reduced from ?35 to ?20 on PSN.

I'd hold off. I haven't played it since before Xmas.

Comment

This game is terrible avoid it at all costs.

Comment

Really that bad Speedy? What's so bad with it? Not doubting you obviously, just interested!!

Comment

Basically just as kryss says. There's not really a game here beyond looking around what is roughly Akiba.

Comment

What a shame- looked fun. Have to find something else to spend my trade in dolla on

Comment

I quite enjoyed my brief play before tossing into my backlog pile. Simple brains off fun. But I did play Senran Kagura Shinovi Vs beforehand and that pile of crap makes everything seem amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                          Really that bad Speedy? What's so bad with it? Not doubting you obviously, just interested!!
                          Still better than the steaming pile o' crap that was Ougon no Kizuna on the Wii (the WORST game I've ever paid for), but not worth full price by any means. Or half price.

Comment

So I've ordered this... I had a massive pile of trade credit left over and nothing to spend it on other than Majoras mask. I wasn't going to but noticed it went out of stock in a lot of places and then when it came back in stock online I caved.

If I don't like it I'll sell it

Comment

Working...
                            X