Nintendo 3DS: Thread 03 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah just a matter of time.

Just as a heads up for anyone that's interested, NISA have Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight on sale for £9.99.

NIS Online Store servicing the European, Australian and New Zealand regions. We have available for pre-order and purchase exclusive Limited Editions

Comment

Two in a row today! The item of interest, barely four hours after the last major drop, consists of partial source code for the Nintendo 3DS family updated as of October 2014: Source code for the 3DS bootroms and kernels, including modules (drivers) for 3DS mode. Precompiled DSi and GBA...

The source code for the 3DS has been leaked

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo...leaked.565819/
        The source code for the 3DS has been leaked
        Barring the obvious security concerns for Nintendo, is this actually that big a deal? (genuine question).

The people who acquired this info appear to have acknowledged that they cannot put it to any good use (ie. improve 3DS emulation) for fear of Nintendo's lawyers totally having them for breakfast.

Comment

Not really that I know of, curious if it was part of that previous leak though or if they've been hit again

Comment

Apparently it's part of a 2018 hack or leak.

Comment

For most, the Nintendo 3DS has probably been relegated to the back of the cupboard now the Switch has taken the limelig…

Amazon and Argos are clearing out 3DS games for as low as £1.99

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...from-just-gbp2
                Amazon and Argos are clearing out 3DS games for as low as £1.99
                Just looked on Argos
                Some crazy deals but as my local not yet open it would have to be delivery & argos don't always offer my address for delviery...which seems weird.

Trying to navigate Amazon for the cheapest games is ridiculous as always unless you know the titles you are looking for

Comment

Bravely Second: End Layer - £2.49 @ Argos. Jump on it quick if you're interested.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7620...%20layer:2:2:1

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                    Bravely Second: End Layer - £2.49 @ Argos. Jump on it quick if you're interested.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7620...%20layer:2:2:1
                    It would appear that Argos are no longer allowing items to be reserved for pick-up/payment in-store, presumably because of the current climate. Payment in full is required before the reservation can be secured.

That sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                      It would appear that Argos are no longer allowing items to be reserved for pick-up/payment in-store, presumably because of the current climate. Payment in full is required before the reservation can be secured.

That sucks.
                      Yeah it went pretty quick.

They do have Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash for £2.49 still.

Buy Product not found at Argos. Thousands of products for same day delivery, or fast store collection.

Comment

Yeah it went pretty quick.
                        Erm...I never said anything about being disappointed about not getting a copy.

Think you might have misunderstood what I said?

Argos used to allow items to be reserved for free online for you to then collect and pay for in-store. This is no longer the case - they are now asking for money up-front before they allow you to reserve and collect.

*That* is what I was referring to when I said that sucks.
                        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 28-06-2020, 14:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                          Erm...I never said anything about being disappointed about not getting a copy.

Think you might have misunderstood what I said?

Argos used to allow items to be reserved for free online for you to then collect and pay for in-store. This is no longer the case - they are now asking for money up-front before they allow you to reserve and collect.

*That* I what i was referring to when I said that sucks.
                          You sure have a way with words mate.

For anyone else on the lookout for 3DS games, I'd recommend bookmarking the 3DS page on HotUKDeals.

Latest Games Consoles ➤ deals & offers - April 2024 ☑️ Get the best discounts, cheapest price for Games Consoles and save money on hotukdeals.

There's some cracking deals being posted there at the moment, presumably companies wanting to shift the last of their stock.

Comment

You sure have a way with words mate.
                            Not really. My words are perfectly fine and easy to understand, mate.

But no harm done.

Comment

After a decade and approx. 76m units sold globally, the end has finally come for what might well be the last true out-and-out Nintendo handheld hardware (No, I don't count the Switch/Switch Lite!).

Nintendo have officially confirmed 3DS discontinuation.

RIP (2011 - 2020).

Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 01-12-2021, 15:58.

Comment

It's definitely time, but what a life the little guy had - so many excellent games.

With it, I hope we are burying region locking for good.

Comment

Working...
                                X