Nintendo 3DS: Thread 03 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
    Ooooh. I have that Mario & Luigi game sitting sealed about two feet away from me. And I've also bought two copies of AoE on the DS the last year...preowned and haven't checked em...might have a bricked one, yaaaaah...

It's good to know about game-breaking bugs. I still have very bad memories of getting VERY near the end of Bully on Wii and getting the game-bricker glitch. That was awful, had put hours and hours in! Yeah, always useful knowing, I'll know what *not* to do when I finally get around to playing that Mario game.
    Not to worry - Nintendo released an update that fixed the bug earlier this week.

Comment

Looks like we’re officially in the 3DS/2DS endgame now, at least from a first-party game development viewpoint.

Comment

Despite the sun pretty much starting to set on the 3DS, Nintendo have released 2019’s first system firmware update for it.

Surely this will be the last one ever?

Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 28-05-2019, 09:36.

Comment

Got to be done with soon, the 3DS release schedule is... gone

Comment

Unsurprisingly, Japan's Weekly Famitsu have now dropped the 3DS from its release schedule section.

Comment

Just jumped onto the 3DS eshop and there's some good stuff on sale right now.

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labrynth: £8.99
              Persona Q2: New Cinema Labrynth: £19.24
              Etrian Odyssey IV: £4.49
              SMT: Soul Hackers: £4.49
              Etrian Odyssey: Untold the Millennium: £4.49
              SMT: Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker: £13.99
              Steamworld Dig: £1.74

I'm thinking of picking up one of the Etrian games. Question is, which one? Any recommendations appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                I'm thinking of picking up one of the Etrian games. Question is, which one? Any recommendations appreciated.
                EOIV is my favourite of the whole series. Highly recommended, and I'd go one step further to say it's the best of the dungeon crawlers on your list. EO Untold is the remake of the first game; it's OK, but not on par with EOIV.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                  EOIV is my favourite of the whole series. Highly recommended, and I'd go one step further to say it's the best of the dungeon crawlers on your list. EO Untold is the remake of the first game; it's OK, but not on par with EOIV.
                  That's some high praise! Cheers I'll pick it up now

Comment

Both Korg things are halfprice too.

Comment

3DS seeing something of a resurgence in Japan due to the Switch shortage.

Comment

I've got a New 3DS with the Ambassador stuff and it's linked to my Nintendo ID.

If I unlink my Nintendo ID will the Ambassador games still be playable on the console?

Just wondering should I decide to sell. Does it add much to the price?

Comment

I'm trying to sort my 3DS out as I had CFW on it and did an update due to wanting to download a previously purchased title. Its now unable to launch to the default menu which is a bummer but ey.

I won't ask here as I'm sure its against forum policy. Should have known better really but I hadn't used it for ages and didn't think about it enough at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                            I'm trying to sort my 3DS out as I had CFW on it and did an update due to wanting to download a previously purchased title. Its now unable to launch to the default menu which is a bummer but ey.

I won't ask here as I'm sure its against forum policy. Should have known better really but I hadn't used it for ages and didn't think about it enough at the time.
                            Check your PMs.

Comment

"Limited service" (ie. limited game selection and/or code redemption) Wii U and 3DS eShops in selected South/Central American and Caribbean countries will be closed down by Nintendo at the end of July.

Originally posted by Nintendo of America
                              The following regions will be affected by this: Anguilla, Antigua/Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Cost Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guiana, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Netherlands Antilles, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent/Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, US Virgin Islands, Uruguay, Venezuela.
                              The 3DS eShop will be nine years old in early June, the Wii U eShop will be eight years old this November. Days numbered?

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                                The 3DS eShop will be nine years old in early June, the Wii U eShop will be eight years old this November. Days numbered?
                                It probably will come soon. I mean, they'll run until they're making too little money to justify. This is a bit different to the closures of online games because these services need to support payment methods and account security, and that's tricky because those things need constant updates to stay ahead of security issues. It's kinda like why you can't access the PSN shop from the PSP anymore. Online games don't usually require much maintenance if they weren't built on sandy foundations in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                                X