Nintendo 3DS: Thread 03 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuse View Post
    With it, I hope we are burying region locking for good.
    I think any Nintendo execs browsing this thread and seeing people buying multiple versions of the same console for upgrade and region locking reasons, would probably want to keep it for good!

Comment

Nintendo announce that they have no plans to end the 3DS Online services.

....so pretty much days are numbered to 3DS eShop and Nintendo Network then!

Comment

I've been playing Resident Evil Revelations. It's pretty good!

Comment

Yeah I enjoyed that and it looked really impressive on 3DS.

Comment

One last System Update for the road?

Comment

Super Mario 3D All-Stars and Super Mario Bros. 35 won't be the only games Nintendo delists in 2021. It seems that DSiWare games are vanishing from the eShop without any warning. More than 250 DSiWare games, including Shantae: Risky's Revenge, Mighty Flip Champs, and more have been delisted and...

Nintendo has quietly removed over 250 DSiware games from the NA 3DS store

Comment

Like they removed almost the entire WiiU catalogue in the summer?

Comment

MVG recently released a video regarding the ease of installing 3DS homebrew, and since we're at the end of the system's life I figured now would be a good time to try it.

It really is a very simple process even on the latest firmware for my old 3DS XL. Ripping and installing games is slow (maybe its faster on a New 3DS) but apart from that it all seems to work well.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                    MVG recently released a video regarding the ease of installing 3DS homebrew, and since we're at the end of the system's life I figured now would be a good time to try it.

It really is a very simple process even on the latest firmware for my old 3DS XL. Ripping and installing games is slow (maybe its faster on a New 3DS) but apart from that it all seems to work well.
                    Pretty sure that this isn't allowed to be posted on here as per forum rules, though I might well be wrong about that.

That said, that full-spec SM64 port is almost justification alone to go full-hack on my n3DS XL. It's also pretty damning that homebrew hackers can release a technically perfect port of SM64 whereas Nintendo seemingly couldn't give a sh1t (see SM3DAS).

Comment

Nintendo will no doubt use the hacked game, update some textures and release a remastered Mario 64 at full price.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                        Nintendo will no doubt use the hacked game, update some textures and release a remastered Mario 64 the Super Mario Galaxy 2 port that should have been on SM3DAS to begin with at full price.
                        Corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                          Nintendo will no doubt use the hacked game, update some textures and release a remastered Mario 64 at full price.
                          And it'll sell in the millions

Comment

NCL have confirmed that after-sales repairs for original 3DS and 3DS XL in Japan will cease as of the end of next month, due to increasing scarcity of spare parts.

No word on this being the case for other territories but surely only a matter of time.

2DS, 2DS XL, New 3DS and New 3DS XL models are unaffected.

Comment

crap, i better buy a new jpn spare new 3DS just in case.

Comment

The 3DS launched in Europe ten years ago today.

Comment

Working...
                                X