Nintendo 3DS: Thread 03 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
    Nintendo are doing an offer on the UK store.Luigi's mansion and a Boo lamp or Luigi's cap for £39-99.
    https://store.nintendo.co.uk/games/n...s-mansion.list
    £40 for a GClaunch title. Typical Nintendo. Sigh.

Comment

With a lamp or cap. £35 on its own.

Comment

I've pre ordered it.Loved the GC version and a fiver for a Boo lamp

Comment

No Kirby love unless you own a New 3DS

Comment

It's not even in 3D anyway.

Comment

Having recently picked up a 2DS XL with a bunch of free stuff I've been trawling the web looking for must have titles either DS or 3DS.

It seems like the real stand out exclusives are pretty limited now that titles are being repurposed for the Switch. So, what have I missed that I should pick up? Any advice welcome!

Comment

Etrian Odyssey, Fire Emblem, Mario 3D Land, on top of my head. A bunch of JRPGs and strategy JRPGs if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                  Etrian Odyssey, Fire Emblem, Mario 3D Land, on top of my head. A bunch of JRPGs and strategy JRPGs if you're interested.
                  Fire Emblem looks good, I like Advance Wars but have never played a FE game. They seem to hold their value well!!

Comment

9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors. I think this is the best game made for the system.

It was re-released but as a kind of "visual novel", and I think it lost something in the translation.

As a personal tilt, Solatorobo is great fun.

Comment

Extra recommendations: Codename STEAM, Gundam the 3D Battle (JPN only), Kid Icarus, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Metroid Samus Returns, Sayonara Umihara Kawase (JPN only I think), Senran Kagura Burst. On the eShop I would recommend the three Dark Witch Story, Gotta Protectors; I'd also say Iron Combat: War In The Air, but unfortunately it's no longer available for sale.

Comment

Thanks for these, 999 is excellent I agree. VLR as well but I struggled with the third one for some reason.

Looks like enough there to keep me going! Any love for Zelda: a link between worlds?

Comment

Link Between Worlds is the best handheld Zelda game since Link's Awakening (although it's not been much of a horse race). It defied all my expectations by actually living up to the hype as well as being a very respectable follow-up to Link to the Past.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                            Link Between Worlds is the best handheld Zelda game since Link's Awakening (although it's not been much of a horse race).
                            The Oracle games were better than Awakening.

For me, Awakening tried too hard to be a mini LttP, much in the same way that Super Mario Land 2 couldn't quite shake off the feeling of being a compromised mini SMW.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                              The Oracle games were better than Awakening.

For me, Awakening tried too hard to be a mini LttP, much in the same way that Super Mario Land 2 couldn't quite shake off the feeling of being a compromised mini SMW.
                              Personally I loved Link's Awakening, but I had no SNES titles to compare it to. I think it may not have aged so well, too. When it came out, it was pretty amazing because it was like this full adventure in the palm of your hand. Elaborate adventure games on handhelds aren't notable anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                                Personally I loved Link's Awakening, but I had no SNES titles to compare it to. I think it may not have aged so well, too. When it came out, it was pretty amazing because it was like this full adventure in the palm of your hand. Elaborate adventure games on handhelds aren't notable anymore.
                                I'm not saying that Awakening isn't a great game - it clearly is. I guess I was fully used to LttP by the time that Awakening came out so it always had that similarity to LttP in my mind.

To be honest, I always felt that Ocarina was similar to LttP in some aspects as well, which is partly why I don't rate it as high as I do Majora's Mask.

Comment

Working...
                                X