No announcement yet.

Nintendo 3DS: Thread 03 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link’s Awakening is the best Zelda title. It has such a smooth progression.

But more on topic, yes, Link Between World’s is great and I would highly recommend it.

Comment

I don't see in what way LA was like Link to the Past but the Oracle games weren't, making them better. LA isn't set in Hyrule, there's no triforce, no Ganon, no master sword, no dark world, no familiar characters, no Zelda, and the story has nothing to do with any of that either. It's set on a tropical island for god's sake. If anything, it's the most like Majora's Mask since it's a totally unrelated side story with a bit of a depressing tone. The only similarity I can see with LttP is the visuals, which are IDENTICAL in the Oracle games.
      Last edited by noobish hat; 12-01-2019, 13:34.

Comment

If I could only pick one 2D Zelda outside of LttP it'd be A Link Between Worlds, easy. Luckily I don't need to pick, so I have them all on my 3DS including Minish Cap which is my least favourite. I did actually pay for them all legitimately, too.

Comment

I like Minish Cap. It is also the prettiest Zelda game by far.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
            Extra recommendations: Codename STEAM, Gundam the 3D Battle (JPN only), Kid Icarus, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Metroid Samus Returns, Sayonara Umihara Kawase (JPN only I think), Senran Kagura Burst. On the eShop I would recommend the three Dark Witch Story, Gotta Protectors; I'd also say Iron Combat: War In The Air, but unfortunately it's no longer available for sale.
            So I've picked up:

Advance Wars Dual Strike
            Advance Wars Dark Conflict
            Elite Beat Agents
            Rhythm Heaven

Mario and Luigi Paper Jam Bros (it was free)
            Metroid 2
            Zelda a Link Between Worlds

Hopefully will win an Auction for Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon today.

Those recommendations look great, plenty to delve in to though googling Senran Kagura Burst at work showed up some pretty interesting artwork

Wondering whether to jump on Wario Ware gold in case it gets hard to find.

Comment

Codename STEAM is £8 new and sealed... Can't say no at that price.

On my journey to dip back into this machine I've made a quality of life purchase. I've got a few very long plane journeys coming up for work and I think it is fair to say the machine is not comfortable for long periods of use.

Cue some cheapo Chinese products from Amazon. £10 for a charging dock, a USB to DS charging cable and a handheld grip all in.

Didn't really want the dock but it actually looks nice and plain. The charging cable works for planes and means I can take one less charger with me but the grip is excellent. It won't win any awards for style but it changes the unit into something you can hold properly for more than an hour without getting cramps. Only negative is you can't take the gamecards out without taking the grip off and it is a very snug fit.

It really shows how uncomfortable the machine is to use out of the box.

Comment

Game-breaking bug found in 3DS port of Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                  Game-breaking bug found in 3DS port of Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...e_story_on_3ds
                  Reminds me of that daft one for Age of Empires DS - IIRC, if you enter a save file name with less than 5 characters, it bricks the cartridge.

Comment

So, are normal New 3DS consoles in demand then?

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                      So, are normal New 3DS consoles in demand then?
                      The New 3DS handhelds have been discontinued for about 18 months now, unless I'm mistaken.

Comment

Persona2 coming to 3DS in June

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                          The New 3DS handhelds have been discontinued for about 18 months now, unless I'm mistaken.
                          I meant more as in, if one was to have one to sell, do people want them?

Comment

Just had a look and they aren't going for anywhere near what I thought they would, even new ones are less than they were when on sale.

Comment

I just bought a 2nd hand one for 105 quid on rllmuk. Thought it was a bit higher given the age of the platform.

Comment

Ooooh. I have that Mario & Luigi game sitting sealed about two feet away from me. And I've also bought two copies of AoE on the DS the last year...preowned and haven't checked em...might have a bricked one, yaaaaah...

It's good to know about game-breaking bugs. I still have very bad memories of getting VERY near the end of Bully on Wii and getting the game-bricker glitch. That was awful, had put hours and hours in! Yeah, always useful knowing, I'll know what *not* to do when I finally get around to playing that Mario game.

Comment

Working...
                                X