Escape From New York III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Escape From New York III

Though it has been rumored to be in the works for years, the remake of “Escape from New York” has never actually been setup at a studio – until now. 20th Century Fox has reportedly won a competitive bidding war to bring us a new version of John Carpenter’s iconic 1981 sci-fi classic. Kurt Russell […]

The old thread didn't come up in searches which might be a sign of how long this has been touted. Seems to be finally happening though as it's being reported that 20th Century Fox have won the rights to reboot the franchise. All earlier work seems to be out the window and Fox will approach this from afresh but with John Carpenter on board as Exec Producer and as a Creative Consultant.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 19-12-2022, 07:30.

Well, they're determined to remake this, so if they really must, I'd love to see the Director and Writer team behind The Guest and You're Next, Adam Wingard and Simon Barrett, have a crack at this.

The Guest felt a lot like a John Carpenter film.

Comment

Hope they keep Kurt in, love the ageing/ancient hardmen of the last decade (Neeson? NEESON?! ffs!!) and I think his inclusion would make me bother enough about this to go see it at the cinema. Unless it's a splashily violent, noirish '18' that nails the score and vibe dead-on, that would also be a good motivator. I reckon Nicolas Winding Refn'd do an interesting job but that's not happening so I'll shut me gob.

Comment

I know it probably makes a unicorn die somewhere, but I'd actually welcome a new film in the series.
        I'd love to see some further adventures of Snake, especially as I heard he was dead.

A sequel, not a remake though.

Comment

Same. I'd take another if it was set in the same world and featured Kurt Russell. But without that, there isn't a chance in hell I'd ever see this.

Comment

Despite what anyone says about it, I loved Death Proof and Kurt was badass in it, still got the natural physicality, I reckon? Like, with Harrison Ford in Kingdom Of The Crystal Rmoxon, he had that 'dead pork sausage' HGH look, almost like dead meat stimulated by electrons. Not our Kurt, no. I reckon he could still kick doors in with the best of them.

Comment

Kurt's different. Old Ford is kind of sad. Old Russell is weathered and dangerous.

Comment

He was great in death proof!

Comment

Lovin' the support for the cause! Weathered. Dangerous. The man inspires such heady superlatives, he is obviously integral to the franchise's appeal and he can still rock that metal badass image good, could be the guy's last stab at a good action movie before them jowls start to sag.

Comment

Kurt ain't done yet! He's gonna be the best thing in Fast 7

Comment

Lovin' that news, man is a viking.

Comment

“Upgrade” writer/director Leigh Whannell has set to pen the upcoming remake of the John Carpenter classic “Escape From New York” reports THR. The original was set in a future where the U.S. had become a totalitarian theocratic police state and the island of Manhattan is now a walled-off maximum security prison. Imprisoned former Special Forces […]

Leigh Whannel, Upgrade & Insidious, is to pen the remake

Comment

Riding high on building buzz for his upcoming thriller “The Invisible Man,” actor/writer/filmmaker Leigh Whannell has other irons in the fire of late. A little over a year ago came word that he had been hired to pen the remake of John Carpenter’s iconic classic “Escape From New York” at 20th Century Studios. Set in […]

Whannell says he's open to the idea of casting Kurt Russell's son Wyatt Russell as the new Snake Plisskin and says he wants to avoid making the film a big budget reboot affair

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            https://www.darkhorizons.com/whannel...rom-ny-remake/
                            Whannell says he's open to the idea of casting Kurt Russell's son Wyatt Russell as the new Snake Plisskin and says he wants to avoid making the film a big budget reboot affair
                            Also taking from that is that Leigh Whannell is involved. I really liked Upgrade and actually had a bit of a Carpenter vibe to it - low budget/high concept.

His take on The Invisible Man is getting a good buzz at the moment too.

Wyatt Russell was in "Overlord", which I've been meaning to watch.

Comment

Radio Silence Could Direct "Escape from NY" - Dark Horizons
                              The team behind Scream 5 and Ready or Not are said to be looking at this project now

Comment

Working...
                              X