No announcement yet.

Life is Strange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I kinda got the impression that they played a telltale game and thought it was annoying when you said the wrong thing and "Baldwin disapproved of that" type messages, so they decided you could say something and change your mind if you didn't want your character to say that.

Then built a plot around this.

I quite enjoyed the world and the music and the presentation, the episodic nature of the game and the cliffhanger nature of each ending, but it wasn't particularly great in the plot stakes.

Comment

Finished this game last night. Somehow I'd managed to avoid all the spoilers - and if you have too, I'd highly encourage you to play this game (all episodes are on Xbox GamePass at the mo).

That final episode definitely took a very dark turn - but ultimately there are only two endings, so the branching is really only during the story and doesn't have much of on influence on the final outcome.

Overall though, I thought it was an excellent experience.
      Last edited by MartyG; 14-01-2019, 08:23.

Comment

It's a ten out of ten game simply because Max agrees with me on Spirits Within. One of only two games to make me cry also, but it was a single manly tear I swear

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
          but ultimately there are only two endings, so the branching is really only during the story and doesn't have much of on influence on the final outcome.
          That really helps, thanks MG.

I stuttered with this because it's not very fast paced (it's not trying to be), but was getting frustrated at not knowing if I was making the "wrong" decisions.

Having enjoyed a much more binary experience of Bandersnatch and the storytelling of Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, I should probably try getting back into this when I eventually finish RDR2.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
            It's a ten out of ten game simply because Max agrees with me on Spirits Within. One of only two games to make me cry also, but it was a single manly tear I swear
            I nearly turned the game off when Max suggests that Spirits Within is anything but terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              I nearly turned the game off when Max suggests that Spirits Within is anything but terrible.
              You're terrible

Comment

That’s fair

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  That really helps, thanks MG.

I stuttered with this because it's not very fast paced (it's not trying to be), but was getting frustrated at not knowing if I was making the "wrong" decisions.

Having enjoyed a much more binary experience of Bandersnatch and the storytelling of Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, I should probably try getting back into this when I eventually finish RDR2.
                  I'd definitely complete the game - despite the depressing story, having now completed LiS, BtS and LiS2 Chapter 1, I wish I could unplay the first game and experience it all again. I've been struggling to find something to fill this story led style game gap since.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                    I'd definitely complete the game - despite the depressing story, having now completed LiS, BtS and LiS2 Chapter 1, I wish I could unplay the first game and experience it all again. I've been struggling to find something to fill this story led style game gap since.
                    What about Captain Spirit

Comment

I've played that as well.

Comment

Finished my replay of Life Is Strange and... I actually prefer Before The Storm. The original is great but I find that many sections are drawn out by coupling point and click style puzzles with the rewind mechanic. So some parts feel like a bit of a chore. And while there are fantastic narrative parts (like the pool party, just as one example), I found the final episode to be very patchy and lacking focus. And one character turns into a total cartoon in that one too. There are brilliant parts to the last episode and the ending is superb and so full of genuine feels but getting there can be a bit frustrating. And while I love the story, some of the dialogue is really cringy. Although it does get better as it goes along. I think the worst offenders come from the first episode.

Before The Storm is tighter, neater and better written in my view. Still this is a superb game and a beautiful narrative experience. I got really attached to the characters all over again.

Comment

The music is one of the great things about this game. Although it can feel a little depressing sometimes but if a game can poke you up emotionally then it's going somewhere.
                          Bluestacks Kodi Lucky Patcher
                          Last edited by rina2727; 24-05-2019, 21:46.

Comment

Yep, the music is a big part of it. Some of the chapter end montages and the intro sequences with the music are fantastic and, in a large part, it's often down to the music choice.

Comment

Working...
                            X