No announcement yet.

Wiiu 84 quid in store at tesco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep getting blasted re-tweets saying this is a thing...I still don't think it ever was

Also saw one earlier saying that apparently Vita's are ?49 in Tesco too...there is a receipt that seems to back this one up though but I still think it's a one store only thing

Neil

Comment

It is a thing, albeit not in every store. Plenty of people on HUKD have bought basic WiiU's, and Premiums with Lego City for ?84, with receipts/pics to prove it.

The same with the ?49 Vita's- it's just a clearance thing I guess, and it's pot luck as to whether your store has any. Unfortunately, as usual, stores are telling people one person bought all the stock the store had- arseholes eh!

Comment

Sounds about right with people buying up all the stock.

I never got to my one last night...Katie worked late & then went to the gym so by the time she was home it was too late & I couldn't be dealing with taking Chloe out again as it was freezing.

I have to go tonight for some shopping so might try my luck but I highly doubt there will be any.

It sucks that these things get hoovered up by people with no intentions of actually using them & only want a profit when people who would use them like us miss out.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
          Seems the Premium is at ?84 too, stock permitting of course, guess Tesco are waving goodbye to the Wii U from now on.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/tesc...nstore-2134586
          Nintendo doesn't have a great track record of accommodating retailers that have fallen on hard times, so this is most likely to be what's happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
            Sounds about right with people buying up all the stock.

I never got to my one last night...Katie worked late & then went to the gym so by the time she was home it was too late & I couldn't be dealing with taking Chloe out again as it was freezing.

I have to go tonight for some shopping so might try my luck but I highly doubt there will be any.

It sucks that these things get hoovered up by people with no intentions of actually using them & only want a profit when people who would use them like us miss out.

Neil
            Hotukdeals has a lot to answer for... I noticed lots of threads on Amiibos popping up, all the greedy b@stards on there clean out shops and then sell at a profit..

My local tesco had 4x Villagers and 4x Wii Fit Trainers on the shelf (think they're hard to come by), plus most of the new wave the other day for ?10.50 each, if i'd posted it on HUKD they'd have been on ebay within the hour by the unscrupulous vultures on there...

I'm happy to pick things up for you guys if you want.. I'm going to my local extra now to check this wii u malarkey, I have one already but my son is never off it so makes sense to get one for him at this price, not that I hold much hope knowing how quick these things get hoovered up..

Comment

A lot of it is down to staff too, very often they'll snap up any decent deals either for themselves, mates or ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                A lot of it is down to staff too, very often they'll snap up any decent deals either for themselves, mates or ebay.
                I can't speak for Tesco but that sort of thing was watched very closely where I used to work, almost maddeningly so. And honestly, I don't really begrudge people snapping up bargains for themselves when they work there. It's a perk of the job.

Comment

God help the first person to list a 'new' Wii-U in the sales forum who hasn't read this thread.

Stopped at the local mahoosive Tesco here in York for fuel today on the way back from Leeds, certainly no ?84 consoles in there.

Comment

So I popped into Sainsburys last night as I work next door & obviously nothing but during the evening I decided I'd mooch to Tesco's as well just on the off chance.

No Nintendoland bundles to be seen...tons of MK8 ones at ?240 though & they scan at that price too as mine have the self scan units where you can price check...so I did lol

Anyway I had a quick look round while I was there & overheard a member of staff on the phone & it was quite funny listening too...

Staff member 1 - Yes we do have Wii-U's in Stock Mario Kart packs at ?240
                    *Pause*
                    Staff Member 1 - Oh right, I don't kniow if we do, let me check
                    Staff Member 2 - Are they asking about the Nintendoland pack that's apparently ?88???
                    Staff Member 1 - Yeah
                    Staff Member 2 - We don't have them & have never had them, I'm frankly getting p***** off with people ringing up & asking for them now, all I've done all day is pick up the phone to people wanting them, don't they think if we had them at the price we'd actually be advertising them properl??
                    I ******* hate the Internet some days!

I couldn't help but smile a bit.
                    I knew it was a massive long shot & would have been nice but never mind.

Neil

Comment

Working...
                    X