Anyone in Japan who can do me a favour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone in Japan who can do me a favour?

I'd like to order something but the site only ships to Japan so if any of you kind folk could order it for me and post it over I'll throw in a complimentary drink:

Cheers

Don't know if it helps you out or not, but i use Tenso if i want anything from Japanese shops that don't deliver internationally.

Comment

That's an interesting option, is it expensive to use as the thing I'm after is quite cheap.

Comment

Tenso's fees all go on the weight of what you are after if it's light you probably wouldn't end up paying much at all the now have other postage options too so you don't have to get everything sent by EMS. There is no membership fee it's totally free to join, don't use anything else nowdays to import as no import place can beat the prices i can get stuff for via the Amazon Japan/Tenso combination.

What is it you are after exactly?

Comment

I'm after a grip for the original PS Vita, all the ones on eBay are for the new model.

Comment

You checked Amazon?

Comment

@kryss - Yep, the Jp Amazon site is the only place I can get the particular grip I'm after.

@importaku - It appears that after a change in the Japanese laws you now have to send in copies of all of your ID before they'll ship your wares out.

Comment

Don't be concerned about the ID check it only ever has to be done once and you can blank out all the details that are sensitive they just need to see that you are who you say you are and that you have a valid address. When i sent them a pic of my passport the only things i left unblanked were my name country, date of birth & sex. All the rest i blanked out. Same with my bank statement i blanked out everything besides my name & address.

Just remember that once you are cleared on tenso and they have your registered name on file you have to use the exact name that you gave to tenso. I had a slight problem as my passport and most official documents i have always have my middle name on them and some japanese online order forms don't have a box for a middle name. I sent tenso an email explaining this and they added the note to my file that i sometimes don't use my middle name when ordering. Just something to remember if you ever have a similar situation.
                Last edited by importaku; 04-02-2015, 09:23.

Comment

Does it work out well financially to use Tenso for single, relatively cheap items then? As I know you normally order a fair amount of stuff in one go Importaku.

Comment

Anyone know of a similar service in America, which forwards on post from sellers who will only ship within the US?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                      Does it work out well financially to use Tenso for single, relatively cheap items then? As I know you normally order a fair amount of stuff in one go Importaku.
                      Here's the fees list, they only charge 50 yen for using their service the usage fee is just what it costs them to post your parcel to you. The heavier the item the more the usage fee will rise. Even with the fees it's still really cheap so even single items will not cost you a fortune, lets just say playasia lost a customer the day i discovered this service. No more paying marked up prices i just pay what they cost retail in Japan, it's liberating not been gouged in the wallet for everything you are after.

Comment

Borderlinks is the one people usually recommend. Not used it myself.

Comment

I recommend Tenso. I've used them for a few items from Amazon JP and haven't had a problem. Their fees are fair considering the yen is relatively weak

Comment

If only they weren't so strict with their whole address thing as I'm currently away from home.

Comment

@importaku any chance you could add the grip onto your next order of zany goods from JP if I forward you the cash?

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X