Alien VII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alien VII

In the movie news world, 2015 got off to a bang when “District 9” and “Elysium” surprised everyone and posted online a massive stash of concept art for a film project he was tinkering with for his own reasons – what appeared to be a direct follow-up to James Cameron’s 1986 effort “Aliens” that seemingly […]

District Nine director Neil Blomkamp has revealed that after he released his own art work for his vision of how Alien 5 could be under his control, he now feels that Fox would eagerly greenlight the film giving us one more entry into the series with Sigourney in the lead.

His vision for the film was to do a direct sequel to Aliens which ignores Alien 3 and Resurrection but it's unknown if the studio would at the least shepherd any new film to keep the franchise as a whole.

It's unknown if it will happen yet though as though it seems Fox is keen, it seems Blomkamp is reluctant to do it unless he gets full control.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 04-06-2020, 06:59.

No Alien 3 or 4???

Yeeeeerrrrrrrssssssssssss!

Please make this happen

Blomkamp should also do a completely different Space Jockey in order to piss all over Ridley Scotts stupid prequel vision. Something more in line with the Dark Horse stuff . . . . so this:

Not THIS crap:

Comment

It'd be interesting to see what he'd come up with for it. Fox seems to be firmly under the impression that the Alien's repeated appearances have killed the series through over exposing it, I think Scott mentioned that's why he went with Prometheus rather than a sequel too as he said once the monster is known it kills the horror.

Thing is, by the end of the first film that was the case. Aliens proved perfectly that the series had a ton of mileage from expanding it to a horror toned full on sci-fi franchise. Hell, even Alien Isolation shows it to some degree, it's appeal goes beyond the Alien itself and whether Blomkemp does it or not, Fox should take a serious stab at resurrecting the franchise. The idea of a cinematic continuation of Aliens style and version of the franchise would be great.

Comment

Completely disagree. Lock it up in the same vault as Indy and let it lie. The bad Alien movies outweigh the good. Even if we get an equivalent of Friday the 13th Part 6 at some point, I think Alien deserves more reverence than being that type of franchise.

Comment

I think that had the series stopped at Aliens I'd be totally on board with that but knowing studios can't leave alone and that it's already tainted by all the later releases I'd prefer if they kept what canon there is but began to lift the series up in standards. Kind of like how First Class and DOFP revived the XMen franchise without needing a full reboot of the canon. Makes it easier not to feel weighed down by the weaker entries

Comment

Why's everybody getting so upset?

We all know that any film after Aliens is a non-canon story and just a "What if?" scenario.

Ripley, Hicks, Newt, Jones the Cat and Hudson the dog lived happily-ever-after on a quiet island paid for by the Weyland Yutani corporation to keep them all quiet.

Weyland Yutani saw the error of their ways, stopped investigating xenophobe weaponisation and nuclear facilities and moved into green energy, resulting in a surge of jobs and a drop in pollution.

Comment

Dark Horse continued the story on from Aliens with the characters of Hicks and Newt for 3 very good volumes before Alien 3 was released and brought the turd pie to the party:

Vol. 1 - Renamed 'Outbreak'
              Vol. 2 - Renamed 'Nightmare Asylum'
              Earth War - Renamed 'The Female War'

Aliens: Volume 2 is my favourite comic of all time, it is so well designed and the pastel colours work so well for it, it's not your usual pen and ink comic art style.

I'd really recommend them to anyone. They were retconned, changing the characters' names to Wilks and Billie but for all intents and purposes they're still Hicks and Newt, even the flash backs 'Billie' has are to LV426.

Movie versions of these would have very strong plots and good foundations to build on only there is no Ripley. The characterisation of Newt and Hicks post Aliens is very well done and Mark Verheiden really knows how to write an Aliens story. After these comics he went on to have a successful Hollywood career.

It's a shame Fox didn't consider these stories before going through the crack pipe production of Alien3, wooden planets et al...

Considering they brought Hicks back from the dead for Aliens: Colonial Marines 2 years ago I think anything is possible with this franchise.

Comment

Judging from the pictures that Blomkamp released he clearly has a different vision altogether (is that Ripley wearing Xenomorph armour or is she a hybrid clone of some sorts?) Anyway, lets face it. . . . . Weaver is too fricking old now anyway right?

Comment

Originally posted by The Moleman View Post
                  Dark Horse continued the story on from Aliens with the characters of Hicks and Newt for 3 very good volumes before Alien 3 was released and brought the turd pie to the party:

Vol. 1 - Renamed 'Outbreak'
                  Vol. 2 - Renamed 'Nightmare Asylum'
                  Earth War - Renamed 'The Female War'

Aliens: Volume 2 is my favourite comic of all time, it is so well designed and the pastel colours work so well for it, it's not your usual pen and ink comic art style.

I'd really recommend them to anyone. They were retconned, changing the characters' names to Wilks and Billie but for all intents and purposes they're still Hicks and Newt, even the flash backs 'Billie' has are to LV426.

Movie versions of these would have very strong plots and good foundations to build on only there is no Ripley. The characterisation of Newt and Hicks post Aliens is very well done and Mark Verheiden really knows how to write an Aliens story. After these comics he went on to have a successful Hollywood career.

It's a shame Fox didn't consider these stories before going through the crack pipe production of Alien3, wooden planets et al...

Considering they brought Hicks back from the dead for Aliens: Colonial Marines 2 years ago I think anything is possible with this franchise.
                  I loved all the dark horse Alien books. 1 or 2 of them weren't up to scratch but there's some great stories there.

Comment

Yep, there's a few stinkers but generally they're very good. Aliens: Sacrifice is one of the most disturbing stories I've ever read...

Comment

What's the one with the robot alien to collect the queen's royal jelly?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        What's the one with the robot alien to collect the queen's royal jelly?
                        Aliens: Hive

Comment

Nice! Thanks, Moleman.

Comment

Neill Blomkamp is going to heading where no one can hear you scream for his next film, an Alien sequel! It even looks like Sigourney Weaver will return!

So it looks like its gonna happen but the way Weaver spoke about it this might be more Alien 5 than Aliens 2.5

Comment

I've never thought that at some point Fox wouldn't redip into the Alien franchise, especially after Prometheus hit... but a few months back I'd have never expected that Alien 5 would be official right now. If he's going to take this on as the fifth in sequence, I'll be curious to see how he works around where Resurrection left off.

Comment

Working...
                              X