Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Without googling - do you KNOW exactly where chicken eggs come out from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smouty View Post
    Not really. The chicken forms in the yolk but not from it. The yolk is like a food sac for the developing cells and the white a protective layer.

Some nice pics here but they may make you go off eggs

http://haha.nu/arts/photography/the-birth-of-a-chicken/
    Smouty, you have been my cornerstone of wisdom this week, thank you.

BTW, from now on I will be seeing little silhouettes of developing chicks in my fried eggs!

Comment

I told you not to look
      I'm no expert on these things but my daughter has a degree in animal welfare so the knowledge I have is only by association.

Back on topic, we should have an understanding of what we are eating.
      I know people who loved certain food such as Taramasalata and now won't eat it as they found out is was fish eggs.
      Most people wouldn't drink gone off milk but have no problem with yoghurt or cheese.
      Last edited by smouty; 21-02-2015, 12:11.

Comment

Read this on 'I f******g Love Science' a while back.

Comment

I watched that Catfish movie a while back and the main guy who lives in Cebtral Bew York seemed genuinely amazed when he discovered that chickens ovulate every day

Comment

Its still quite a boring question....

Comment

Well I actually feel enriched knowing the true answer as I didn't know the true answer.

Comment

To add eggstra blech! factor, I once found a developing chick in a boiled egg when I was 11. Very membranous it was, like a rounded Twiglet made of purple wine gum. Futching disgusting, put me off eggs for epochs.

Comment

Working...
                X