Without wishing to sound nuts...ODD phenomenon!!!??!! :0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Without wishing to sound nuts...ODD phenomenon!!!??!! :0

Right. Here goes. Turned 40 over Xmas, split up with longterm ex a few years back and got into a pattern of nightly boozing, weeding and staying up VERY late, working the rest of the time.

This year, I've made a very concerted effort to eliminate that addictive crap and get my sleep patterns back to normal levels. January was waaaaay bad, was averaging 2-3hrs of fragmented sleep per night, tired and irritable at work all the time. But Feb's been different, sleep keeps getting better and better, to the point where I can now nod off as soon as I hit the sack. And after three years, I now *DREAM* again...with a vengeance...each night more vivid...weird dreams...nice dreams...sex dreams.........

.......until early last week, I'd finished a night shift. Daylight outside. But, super-duper tired. And...I must've nodded off but briefly awoke, clock said 8.02am, and all my chest n' back was warm and giddy and buzzing...and I kinda (soz but tis true!) floated up out of my body, totally lucid, and basically 'swam' around the ceiling for a couple of minutes...all the time feeling scared but also wanting to 'push' it because all the time I was getting a strong feeling pulling me back in. In the end, that 'pull' got too great, and I went back and 'awoke'...even though I was already awake. Felt a bit spooky but then went back to sleep, just thought it was one of those odd, fun events that only happen once in a blue moon. Was not freaked, didn't tell anyone, just left it at that.

BUT....happened again last night, and moreso. Woke at 3.12am and my upper back was super-warm and shaking. I'd left the telly on in bluescreen mode and I couldn't switch it off, remote just wouldn't work. And I knew it was weird. And my back is RATTLING then I float out of my bleedin' body AGAIN!!!!!....

And I'm hovering (more steadfastly than before) and I'm startled but kinda happy and kinda worried...and then I get this massive ball of anx and try to go outside, I am fully conscious, lucid and in 'control' of all this (it's a tentative, shaky control, with that constant feeling of getting pulled back) and I somehow go thru the glass and into the garden (hearing some weird inner voice saying "see, you can do it"), then get pulled back...then the feeling got weaker for 1-2mins and then me back and chest revs up AGAIN and I'm out on the landing...pulled back...weaker again...one last time and I make it just to the door..but I'm flailing my arms about and I can feel these 'hands' above me that I can grab...but something inside is telling me not to....even though they seem sort of 'kind'!!!!!!

So, straight back to my body and it all instantly 'unlocks'. It's 3.27am on the clock and I can turn that telly off now. Back to sleep then have an uberhorny dream about Supernanny. Wake up all WTF?!!

I never tried to trigger this stuff, nowadays it's BAM! as soon as I hit that pillow, I'm not into New Agey ish, I'm not into attention-seeking, in fact I'm pretty shy and keep myself to myself mostly. I'm not on any meds or hallucinate...but that ish was VERY real...also strangely mundane for such a quirky experience...it was also pretty fun...scary fun but big fun.

Anyone else get this? And on the regular?? Sod gaming, it's next level ish!!!!!!

Again, hope I don't sound too nuts, just hope is of interest to some.

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
    It's 3.27am on the clock and I can turn that telly off now. Back to sleep then have an uberhorny dream about Supernanny.
    You should probably see someone.

Comment

That was the part that concerned me most!!!!!

Comment

Sounds like a bad batch of that Polish lager, jazz ;-)
        Last edited by dvdx2; 28-02-2015, 17:21.

Comment

Livin' like a monk tbh, not boozing or owt...think that's why I'm dreaming so hard, brain super-perky and alert, almost feel 4-dimensional!

Comment

Sounds like an extreme case of lucid dreaming, but maybe you should see a neurologist since it's a frequent phenomenon.

Comment

It's cool, I'm not worried about it, I just figured it'd be years of pent-up REM sleep kicking in all at once, like a shotgun blast. Makes bedtimes more fun tbh. Even the Supernanny stuff...*especially*, lol.

Just figured it'd be nice to hear about other Bordersdowner's weird stuff...interesting to hear stuff like that sometimes.

Comment

I've had some lucid dreams. The snap at the end is hilarious. Pools of sweat and stuff trying to wake up / move and then finally BAM! Awake.

Sounds pretty normal.

Comment

Sounds really unreal and like a lot of fun. I hope you get a grasp of it and manage to control it somehow.

Comment

What is ODD?

Comment

Odd, with emphasis

Comment

I have mental dreams. Beaten my wife. Slit myself to bits. Shot my brother. I've woken up in all kinds of ****ed up states, angry, crying, screaming. Woken up completely paralysed. That happened so much I had to visit a doctor.

That's what a life like mine does to you. I had an outer body experience once. I was high a kite on morphine mind. It was crazy **** seeing myself laying on a bed. I was lucky too. I walked across a hospital ward whilst attached to several machine including one directly into my heart. Had something gone wrong I'd have died on the spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
                          Odd, with emphasis

ha lol, I really didn't read it like that. Makes perfect sense now

Comment

^Hehe, everything's acronyms these days. Yeah, just odd.

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                            That's what a life like mine does to you. I had an outer body experience once. I was high a kite on morphine mind. It was crazy **** seeing myself laying on a bed. I was lucky too. I walked across a hospital ward whilst attached to several machine including one directly into my heart. Had something gone wrong I'd have died on the spot.
                            Quality. I had an out-of-body myself as a kid...got my back teeth pulled at the dental hosp when I was 5 and was floating above me watching it all. First time this ish has occurred since then. Gonna see if it happens again and see if I can push it more. Seems maybe...'masterable'...should it persist? Who knows...never really had that element of control before.

Comment

I almost never have dreams I remember - like it only happens once or twice a year, and usually when I'm very ill.

Comment

Working...
                              X