No announcement yet.

Robi, plus other robotic friends. Beep boop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They seem to be taking a while to set up the subscriptions i sent them an email enquiring and they apologised for having a delay in processing the subscriptions, took about 2 weeks from ordering off the modelspace website to actually get my subscription account set up, now have the second email with my subscription number and details it says to allow upto 14 days for delivery so i think the first parts have been posted off, been about 5 days since that email was sent so i'm hoping it turns up shortly.

Not the fastest service so far i have to say.

Comment

I saw a pla-mo kit version of Robi in the shops yesterday - significantly cheaper!

Comment

Yeah seen that plamo, there's also a robi jr that talks for about 15,000 yen but from what i have seen of it the thing is noisy as hell when it moves, whatever gears they are using are very loud, it reminds me of stuff from the 80's/90's.

Comment

After what feels like ages my subscription has finally turned up, seems like in the UK they are doing it differently compared to Japan. Originally each parts set comes with a magazine. I thought they had screwed up at first as i got only one magazine in the box but it seems they have combined the magazines into one. Next month there are 4 kits in pack 2 and one magazine combining the instructions to all 4 kits.

Although the kit starts out with the head i wont be building it yet as i know that you have to disassemble it near the end to install all the electronics, seems pointless to build it just to have to take it all apart again. Will keep the kits intact till it's time to build those parts.

Comment

Sweet I've still not taken the plunge, I need a man plan to beat the wife!

Comment

It's understandable, have to admit it's a lot of cash to cough up each month. Not exactly a cheap purchase to hide from the missus, there's still time to decide though as they have only just started sending out the first kits i literally signed up on the first day it went live and have only just got it now so it hasn't been running long.

They kind of changed it though, as before you could just jump in a bit later with the single issues and buy back issues to get you upto date. However now you have to start from the beginning as they have batched the kits up into a new series of sets with no choice of been able to buy them separate.

Comment

Originally posted by chojin View Post
                I need a man plan to beat the wife!
                There are people here who can help you with that.
                Last edited by EvilBoris; 18-04-2015, 18:12.

Comment

[emoji38]

Comment

I brought the Japanese version from someone selling on Amazon Japan. The problem I had when I opened the boxes were some of the parts look like they have had a chemical reaction with something in the bag as five of the White parts have a yellow stain on them. I sent DeAgostini an email but no response as I am trying to find new pieces. I will not start building until I have these parts. So need them ASAP as I am getting annoyed I can't build him.
                    Would you know if I can change the voice from Japanese to English? I can't speak Japanese, but trying to learn.

I also have ordered the UK version, got two parts.

Comment

Working...
                    X