anyone with knowledge of Wrexham?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone with knowledge of Wrexham?

So, we are going on a stag do in Llangollen...outdoorsy adventure stuff but on the second night we are heading to Wrexham! An odd choice, but Chester is out as a few of us are banned from there after last years visit Liverpool is too far.

Anyone know any decent venues? Google is throwing up places that closed down years ago.

You are banned from the entire city of Chester?

Comment

The Horse and Jockey to start with, just mind and duck if you're tall, down the street and turn left to the Wynnstay. Then back down the other side of the street to One to Five. There's a club, the name of which escapes me right now, across the road. For a laugh try the Welsh language pub just out the town centre. There is a big club if you turn left at the Horse and Jockey and walk down a bit. Used to be called Peppers IIRC. A wee bit further down across the road is another club I can't mind the name of either. The bar right next to the bus station, called Central Station, is good too. They get some surprisingly good bands in there.
      If you want somewhere good for a pre sesh meal the Pant-yr-Ochain on the Wrexham Road just off the bypass is classy and usually has loads of decent beers and ciders.
      I've had many a good night in Wrexham but don't do clubs so I can't advise you which ones are any good.
      And don't even think about drinking the recently revived Wrexham Lager it's still s-h-i-t-e. I mean Carling / Tennants level rubbish.

Comment

Wrexham? It nearly kills 'im!

I'll get my coat.

Comment

Originally posted by tomato View Post
          You are banned from the entire city of Chester?
          30 of us went and not everyone is as civilised as me...mostly why this stag only has 10 going. Myself and the groom will never return, mostly out of embarrassment. Its not a wild west style ban though

Cheers CMck that is great!
          Am trying to email as many places as possible to prewarn them

Comment

Like anybody would actually remember you

Comment

I was banned from Dunkin Donuts before a Pixies concert way back in the day. It closed down soon after (entirely coincidentally) but I was nervous going into any other after that in case I set off alarms and the police are called.

Comment

The cops are already hanging out at the donuts shop, doofus!

Comment

No, that's the Village People, dude. They've really let themselves go.

Comment

Visions of you entering the city only to be attacked by guards, as if you had a bounty on you, as happens in Skyrim. It's plausible as Chester had city walls.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                      Like anybody would actually remember you
                      It wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

well I took it VERY seriously!

I'm a serious man, with serious motivations.

Comment

Working...
                        X