Super Metroid small UK box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by botchedpiledriver View Post
    Yeah this was my thinking too... also, it has French & German subtitles hardcoded into it?
    Surely, by being in a small box it can't contain a "giant 72 page guide"? Like what [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] said.

I always thought the game came in the big box. The hardcoded subs are a thing, though. Even on a digital version I've played on whichever Nintendo console it was had those.

Comment

Yeah that sticker's setting off alarm bells for me - don't suppose there was any sign of said player's guide? The only one I've ever seen was one that came with the big box variant and that clearly would not fit in that box.

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
      This thread is reminding me of that argument I had about the single-disc PAL PS1 version of Symphony of the Night, with an old art college bud back in about 1998.

Yeah, I'd seen it on a stall on Huddersfield Market the previous Saturday and when I told said mate the following week, he wouldn't believe me and whatever I said, I could genuinely sense he would never believe me.

So, I went back the following week and it wasn't there anymore.

And I never got believed. Even though I saw it.
      For what it's worth buddy, I used to have it! I have a story to tell about it too, which I think I shared here before, but has probably since been lost. I may have to find somewhere slightly more appropriate to post it though, rather than gatecrashing this here thread

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
        Yeah that sticker's setting off alarm bells for me - don't suppose there was any sign of said player's guide? The only one I've ever seen was one that came with the big box variant and that clearly would not fit in that box.

For what it's worth buddy, I used to have it! I have a story to tell about it too, which I think I shared here before, but has probably since been lost. I may have to find somewhere slightly more appropriate to post it though, rather than gatecrashing this here thread
        Please share!!

Comment

I found the old post for once! The forum's search functionality has smiled on me today.

Comment

Originally posted by botchedpiledriver View Post
            Please share!!
            Not quoting your post as such, but good forum name! Also, makes a nice change from the only new sign-ups being bots and nutters.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
              Not quoting your post as such, but good forum name! Also, makes a nice change from the only new sign-ups being bots and nutters.
              Wait a bit, we may be being pulled into a false sense of security before the inevitable DELL SPAM!!!

Comment

So what, it's a shop display box? Collectors will count any old ****e as Rar3 now.

Comment

Working...
                X