Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone picking up Ryū ga Gotoku 0: Chikai no Basho (龍が如く0 誓いの場) ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone picking up Ryū ga Gotoku 0: Chikai no Basho (龍が如く0 誓いの場) ?

Having played and finished the demo, it felt really fun to play!

Just wondering if anyone else here was thinking of picking it up... And dare I ask, is it possible to finish in Japanese? (Albeit with an item/move/mission guide)

Thanks!

BD Playasia link: Ryu ga Gotoku Zero: Chikai no Basho>
    Last edited by charlesr; 25-03-2015, 15:36.

At some point definitely, but I haven't picked up Ishin first. Will wait and play it on PS4, I think. The guide for Yakuza 5 was excellent, so hopefully there will be a similar one.

Comment

I'll be getting it, but when I'll actually find time to play it is another matter entirely. I know plenty of folks who've finished other games in the series in Japanese so it's definitely possible, but if a guide surfaces it'd definitely be advised to use it.

Comment

Sounds great and it's giving me a bit more confidence to pick it up now.

i don't suppose you could point me in the direction of the guide for 5? Might be worth keeping an eye on the site?

Comment

Think this is the one that tomato's meaning: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/yimboca...RGG5/index.htm

Comment

On my list to get while in Japan probably. Need to get the demo of 0 it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
              Think this is the one that tomato's meaning: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/yimboca...RGG5/index.htm

PERFECT! Hope it gets updated for Zero.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                Yes, that's the one.

Comment

And so it has begun!

Played about 40-50mins today... saved in a phonebox just before rocking up the lift handing out beat-downs. The beginning of the game pretty much follows the demo.

Just a few differences such as not being able to level up as much in the alley, and learning a new fighting style which wasn't in the demo.

Seems fun so far, and haven't gotten lost yet because the next location is usually highlighted on the map.

Comment

A few bits on Twitch for this
                    Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Comment

I've done the first chapter of this now. Needed my wife's explanation for some of the story.

The character models and Kamurocho itself look absolutely brilliant. The cinematic scenes as as good as always. However, at the moment there don't seem to be many shops and diversions you can actually interact with, which is a little disappointing.

The fighting is great. When hit, enemies drop loads of 10,000 yen banknotes. You get loads of money for beating people up, and you spend it unlock other abilities. But the speed of Kiryu's punches and kicks is blinding, so I am just using that at the moment.

To date, every place I have to go to has been highlighted for me.

Comment

Dude!!

its a great game!

here, google translate this: http://dswiipspwikips3.jp/yakuza0/walkthrough02.html

(top left of page you can select language - best we got at the moment I think)

hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
                        X