No announcement yet.

Ghostbusters III: Afterlife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have nothing against women walking but do they have to rub it in our faces?

Comment

I know right, they should just keep it behind closed doors

Comment

Comment

I've had the casting issue in my head since it came up earlier. Given the idea of having the original cast in it, it seems likely it would go back to the concept of being loosely similar in set up to The Extreme Ghostbusters with a new gen mixing with surviving old gen GB's who have been out of action for years. I like Chris Pratt but he's not the type I'd go with, more along the lines of Zachary Levi instead

Comment

I have never seen him in anything. When thinking of younger cast members I’m mostly drawing a blank which is highlighting just how totally weird it is that most mainstream movies tend to have casts of 30 years plus with many having main characters over 40s. It really doesn’t surprise me that young actors tend to rise from Disney shows rather than movies. Youth focus in movies does not seem to exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              I have never seen him in anything. When thinking of younger cast members I’m mostly drawing a blank which is highlighting just how totally weird it is that most mainstream movies tend to have casts of 30 years plus with many having main characters over 40s. It really doesn’t surprise me that young actors tend to rise from Disney shows rather than movies. Youth focus in movies does not seem to exist.
              I think it's in part because "teen comedies" are out-of-style. We had a huge resurgence of them in ~2000-2005 with the likes of American Pie and Scary Movie and they kinda overdid it. The teen movies these days tend to be dramas. Hollywood's cyclical though so they'll come back in.

Comment

The second movie was garbage and the original not much better. A pointless franchise in this day and age. In my worthless opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                  The second movie was garbage and the original not much better. A pointless franchise in this day and age. In my worthless opinion
                  The original was far from garbage. The second movie, yeah, that wasnt so good.

Comment

You can see why Murray was critical of GB2, it's mostly like a rehash of the first but not as well done. The best bits are the ones not lifted directly from the original, the opening courthouse scene and Winston and the Ghost Train. The original is gold though

Comment

I quite like Ghostbusters II.

I particularly liked this bit:

Comment

[QUOTE=Dogg Thang;2298752]I have never seen him in anything.

He's the one of Thor's friends with a rapier, and the voice of Flynn Rider in Tangled.

Comment

Jason Reitman, whose father Ivan directed the first two original “Ghostbusters” films, will reportedly direct the next installment in the franchise at Sony Pictures. Variety helped break the news, saying Reitman has co-written a screenplay with Gil Kenan and plans to shoot the film this summer ahead of a Summer 2020 release. It also indicates […]

Jason Reitman, son of Ivan Reitman the director of the first two films, has reportedly signed on to helm Ghostbusters III. Jason is also said to have co-written the screenplay and the film is planned to begin filming this summer for a release in Summer 2020. The film will still be a direct sequel to the original two movies with no connection to the failed reboot. Jason is reported to have stated:

“I’ve always thought of myself as the first Ghostbusters fan, when I was a 6-year-old visiting the set. I wanted to make a movie for all the other fans. This is the next chapter in the original franchise. It is not a reboot. What happened in the ‘80s happened in the ‘80s, and this is set in the present day.”

The long talked of animated Ghostbusters movie is still in the works also.

Comment

My first reaction was: being his son is the absolute WORST qualification for a job I can think of. But looking into him, he has directed some really strong stuff. They really should have put that front and centre in the article.

Comment

It sounds like this is going to be pretty much what Ivan and Dan wanted the reboot to be which is funny given it took thirty years to get to that film mobilised, for then Pascal and Feige to interfere with that plan, it fail then suddenly this one comes about. Presumably casting will be underway soon given how quick it's coming together, I bet Jason Reitman can feel the eye daggers on him over the internet already

Comment

Sony Pictures is once again calling on the Ghostbusters, this time enlisting Jason Reitman as director of the next chapter in the supernatural comedy film franchise.

The film is reportedly looking to cast four lead characters, two male and two female - all teenagers. That last bit will no doubt restoke fan fires

Comment

Working...
                                X