Ghostbusters III: Afterlife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's one of two things:

1 - It's an indicator of the films tone which would suggest it will lean too light like the 2016 film
    2 - It's not reflective of the films overall tone and content and specifically edited to get people talking again about a film that should have been out a year ago

Given the teaser, first trailer and the timing in the wake of GvK's success I'm inclined to believe it's the second one. I hope so at least cute as they are.

Comment

The merchandising begins:

Comment

Hasbro sent over photos and details for their first reveals from the upcoming Ghostbusters: Afterlife movie. Yesterday, a new clip fro mthe film was released, giving us our first look at the adorable Mini-Pufts, tiny mischievous versions of the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man. They are releasing 1.5" tall mini figures as blind packed figures. Check out...

The merch is still rolling in:

Comment

Some new images were released yesterday:

Comment

We want to see he guys, not Ecto1 and a bunch of nobodies

Comment

A new behind the scenes video containing new footage:

Comment

I did like that trailer. If the movie really does have as much passion and care put in to it that this trailer shows, it could be a potential classic. But, the humour must be right.
                At least it can't be any worse than that other ****e.

Comment

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

New trailer lands tomorrow

Comment

Trailer 02:

Comment

I like it.

Comment

Happy to watch this, no idea what it is really. It's not Ghostbusters is it.

Comment

Thing is, I feel there's still an awful lot being kept back on this hence much of the footage being taken from largely the same scenes. The kids definitely lend it a strong Stranger Things vibe but as much as they'll be central I do feel there's a small bit of misdirection going on with them. Assuming this film does well and Reitman goes on to make more films I'm not expecting them to be led by this child cast, I think a lot of their presence is to do two things:

1-Make the film appeal to younger audiences who don't really care about what came before
                          2-Carry the storylines focus on legacy

There's a supplementary trailer been released which is 15 minutes long and covers Reitman commentating on the new trailer which I feel frames things well for the new film. He's made Ghostbusters 3 whilst recognising that you can't make the GB3 that would have been made back in '92 or there abouts. If you're going to make a direct sequel and the cast is incomplete and so aged now then the story needs to reflect that and the natural first step gets you to this set up very quickly. I can imagine that if there's a GB4 it would have Rudd and Coons with one or two new adults forming the team having been led into the business based on this films events.

I've already read loads of comments on the trailer yanking at it for the expected things.

It refers to GB1 and 2 too much: It should do, any real familiarity with the plots of those films pretty much necessitates a direct relation to them in a third film.

There's no Comedy: The originals weren't marketed as comedies and had humour in them but weren't outright comedies either. Half the humour was just Murray doing his thing, Reitman describes them best as horrors you can let your kids watch. Focusing on comedy is one of the ways how Answer the Call messed things up, the humour in GB is akin to that in Marvel films which also aren't positioned as comedies - it's there but it's not the primary focus.

Much of the rest is niggly things likes not believing some people wouldn't know or believe the 84/89 NYC events happened which is a staggering reflection of how poorly people have been paying attention to real events in the last 5 years. Also, Stay Puft returning when he was Ray's choice of destructor - ignoring information that it literally in the trailer which may well explain why he can appear in some form.

It's not so much surprising, a lot of it feels like a hangover of the complaining done about Answer the Call, but I'm feeling that even if this film disappoints it's very clearly a very carefully attempted and honest effort and so far nothing to me seems to strip its worth as being Ghostbusters III, it looks very much like a very direct sequel.

Ghostbusters: Afterlife director/co-screenwriter Jason Reitman sheds light on the sequel's story and the return of some familiar faces in this exclusive IGN Premiere trailer breakdown. From director Jason Reitman and producer Ivan Reitman, comes the next chapter in the original Ghostbusters universe. In Ghostbusters: Afterlife, when a single mom and her two kids arrive in a small town, they begin to discover their connection to the original ghostbusters and the secret legacy their grandfather left behind. The film is written by Gil Kenan & Jason Reitman. Ghostbusters: Afterlife opens only in theaters in the US on November 11, in the UK on November 12, and in Australia on December 2.

Though...

New toy leaks have already revealed that those wanting the OG's suited up and back in action will get their moment

Comment

I can, with all certainty, tell you I've been in that Walmart.

You may all worship/chastise me.

Comment

Apparently my certainty was misplaced, as my wife tells me that it is not, in fact, the Walmart in Drumheller.

Comment

Not going to see it then.

Comment

Working...
                                X