No announcement yet.

Ghostbusters III: Afterlife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get the feeling that most of the footage shown is early happens in the film. I liked and disliked it equally. I'm not sure about having the kids front and center. I just can't buy in to a teenage kid driving the ecto1 and catching ghosts. But on the flip, I quite liked the small town setting, makes it different.
    We'll see.

Comment

Presumably they're going to lean on the kids being smart due to their family lineage. I'll throw a prediction out there, that the kids riding the Ecto-1 chasing that ghost takes place about a third of the way in and that attempt goes badly forcing the kids to hunt out the OG GB's rather than the film follows kids who are capable of ghost hunting.

I don't even think this will set them up as new GB's, they're too young to be the right age come a fourth film too.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
        Looks like a right load of ass.
        But it has that strange looking kid from that show Weirder Things!

Comment

I think it might be okay ... they can't make two terrible entries back to back, surely.

Comment

While I'm sure we'll get plenty of classic Ghostbusters stuff in there and we'll definitely see them lean into that harder in the next trailer, the tone of this footage is already quite a departure from the original and, given the reaction to the last movie, I don't think marketing would deliberately sell something as being very different in tone unless that was actually representative of the movie. So even with the original cast and classic theme song and so on, I'm expecting a movie that is its own thing. I'm sure a good chunk of the plot will be about tracking down the Ghostbusters who have all gone their separate ways and lead different lives.

Total speculation on my part but it doesn't really feel to me like they're setting up the kids as being the next Ghostbusters, more that they'll drive the story that's about bringing the Ghostbusters back together and probably healing rifts between them. I fully expect Rudd to be a Ghostbuster though.

Comment

First of all, it looks like a Goosebumps movie.

The trailer made me think "Where's Kevin Bacon?"

They may as well have had Millie in it, to really embrace the Stranger Things-Ghostbusters crossover vibe.

It certainly has a completely different vibe to the previous Ghostbusters movie, but it's still not my cup of tea. I've always stated that I'd like a modern Ghostbusters that features some of the best modern male comedy actors and stays true to the original formula. Either that, or at least deliver something inspired. GB3 just looks like another attempt to deliver a movie that has little in common with the original classic. We will get ghosts and ghouls etc.. but I doubt fans will feel that quintessential Ghostbusters vibe that still makes the original so enjoyable.

I'm not overly bothered about it, because I will always have the first two movies. I just wish the creators had been inspired by the original and respected the fact that kids don't necessarily want other kids as their heroes. I loved the original cast when I was a kid -- I wasn't wishing they were kid actors. Even the cartoon[The Real Ghosbusters] doesn't feature kid Ghostbusters.

Stranger Things is really good, but I don't want that sort of thing with Ghostbusters. It really feels that the producers decided to jump on the Stranger Things bandwagon.
              Last edited by Leon Retro; 09-12-2019, 15:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                But it has that strange looking kid from that show Weirder Things!
                No idea what that is

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                  best modern male comedy actors
                  Got to have those willies.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    I wondered how long it would take someone to allude to that.

Comment

This looks OK! It's very much its own thing in terms of Ghostbusters - it looks far from a retread of the original, which is a good thing (it could only ever be an inferior version in most people's eyes). It looks very similar to Stranger Things, which, fine, it's as good a place as any to draw inspiration for something like this. I think it could be a fun watch. I also think that Dogg and Neon's predictions further up the thread are likely to be spot on regarding the plot of the film.

I'm medium-rare on interest in this. I never saw the one everyone on the internet hated because it had women in it, I just never got round to it. I absolutely love the first film though.

Comment

Murray, Aykroyd, Ramis and Hudson were so much more than a bunch of willies.

I much prefer the best male comedians/comedy actors over female. That's just my general taste in comedy. If you're really into female comedians and comedy, that's your perfectly acceptable choice.

Just because I loved the 'buddy movie' vibe of the original movie and want more of the same, doesn't mean I'm against women. No, I thought Sigourney Weaver was excellent in the first Ghostbusters movie. She's easily one of my favourite actresses because of her brilliance in GB, the Alien films, Snow White etc...
                        Last edited by Leon Retro; 09-12-2019, 19:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                          I much prefer the best male comedians/comedy actors over female.
                          To be fair, willies are very funny.

Comment

To be fair, willies are very funny.
                            Don't be dick about it.

We all have personal taste and preferences. What football team I support, type of coffee I drink, and my taste in music is personal to me.

Also, I can safely assume that you think I might have something against women, but I'm just honestly stating that over my life there have been far more male comedians that I've enjoyed over female comedians. That's not to say I haven't appreciated female comedy. It's the same with music -- my favourite bands and singers have mostly been male. But there have been female singers that I really appreciate and listen to often.

It doesn't make a man more virtuous to say he wants everything to be female-centric. People who believe that are just being very small-minded. I really appreciate what the creators of the original Ghosbusters achieved, so I would like more of the same using modern male comedians.

Also, I think creating a modern Ghostbusters focused on an adult cast would appeal to me more than what's on offer with this new movie. When it comes to Ghosbusters -- I just want more of what the original movie offered.

And I'm speaking as a fan of Stranger Things, which is focused on kids and has a very mixed gender cast. A Ghostbusters movie with a Stanger Things vibe isn't what I wanted to see, but producers in modern Hollywood obviously don't appreciate what made the original GB so special. They had a chance to deliver something more in line with the original movie, but chose to go in a different direction again.

We will have to wait and see if Ghosbusters fans, of all ages, like the finished product. Just because Ghostbusters is 30+ years old, doesn't mean lots of kids don't appreciate it. I liked loads of old classics when I was a kid.
                            Last edited by Leon Retro; 09-12-2019, 19:28.

Comment

If Ghostbusters fans don’t like it, it won’t be due to a lack of willies. All the same willies are in it except for Harold Ramis’ because he is dead and nobody wants dead willies except the people making that James Dean film (not sure where you stand on dead willies). So fret not. Willies abound and will bless us all.

But yes, you can safely assume I think you might have something against women when your comedy requirement is ‘male’. That’s pretty implicit in that statement.

Comment

Give ower man, that last ghostbusters film was proper ****e

Comment

Working...
                                X